Mini wine kits with snacks - 'box' happy hours - anyone know of them?

Just received my futures/barrel sample pack from Walter Scott, and wow, it is impressive! They’ve included 9 wines plus accompanying snack foods in the set, and my wife asked if there were other wineries doing this more regularly, as she would like to get some for her clients, to do virtual ‘happy hour’ contract signing celebrations and the like.

Not necessarily barrel samples, but small servings of wines from the producer, plus collaborations with local food/cheese/snack purveyors, plus a program/guide.

Anyone currently doing this, or know who might be willing to?

Sounds like a great idea and could definitely be a fun way for other producers to go - a try before you buy going through their ranges. Would be very interested to see a pic or two of what Walter Scott sent to you.

Todd…mine arrived an hour ago…these guys have got it going. Can’t wait until tomorrow. My wife is CFO of a Private Equity firm and asked the same question…she could Zoom taste with all 25 of her staff.
If no-one is doing it at this level, they certainly should.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/download/file.php?mode=view&id=76789

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIrLHq2nPh2/?igshid=i9n6mozygu95

That looks like good fun.

I think Larry at Tercero has done something similar

Larry? Do tell!

Where’s the crackers and bread =). Just joking. Thanks for including the close up of the snacks. Level up my home tasting game. A number of wineries in CA and OR have been collab’ing with restaurants, in ca and ny. And a couple with wine bars in ca and ny. Different wineries. This is the second or third tasting kit offer that I have seen. They all seem to sell out. Now the price makes sense. Others that I have seen marketed were less than 100.

Imagine if this offer from the wineries were on Black Friday sale or cyber sale. The other tasting offer I saw sold out in 20 mins or so. The key is pricing as at a certain price why buy a tasting kit when you can actually just buy the bottle (Although depending on the amount purchased it may always make sense.)? YMMV Although the experience and the expertise shared is priceless.

“pity” click

I thought this was fantastic and fun. Thoroughly enjoyed it. My futures purchase is in and I joined the Wolfpack Club.