Would you rather...

have 3 bottles of 2017 Moreau-Naudet Valmur or 1 bottle of 2017 Lafon Meursault Charmes

To enjoy now.

Lafon.

Yeah, gotta go Lafon

I’ll take the other side. Unless the 2017 Lafon is much better in my view than the 2016, which it could be, I’d take the Chablis. But I haven’t tried it.

I got both, but if a choice, the Lafon. Btw, the Moreau Naudet has a very fat bottle shape that is hard to find a place to store it in my cellar. Neat label.

I thought 2016 as well since it was basically rated the same as 2017. However, there are some interesting tasting notes on CellarTracker that made me defer to 2017. Someone mentioned a cabbage note

Lafon would also be my choice. hands down. Ive never loved the bottles of MN Chablis ive tried.

Is 2017 Lafon Charmes that good to take 1 bottle of that over 3 Valmur?

If one likes MN and Valmur, then? I would get it if the Lafon is either blow away good or expected to become so. But my last experiences with Lafon Charmes in 2015 and 2016 would not give me confidence. Not bad, just nothing that hits a sweet spot for me.

This is sort of where I was going. Is it that much better? Both 95 by WA with the Lafon getting the additional “+” sign. Seems that based on the responses the quality and winemaking of Lafon makes it a much better wine even though they may be the same based on scores.

The 3 for 1 assumes that MN is $100 and Lafon is $300 based on WS Pro cheapest

Sheesh, I didn’t even think to look at WSPro…at 1 for $300 or 3 for $300 can I vote for option 3, neither?

Just drank a 2017 Lafon Charmes - needs some age to integrate the oak but it’s quite electric

Is there a third option?

the third option is neither as mentioned above. it’d have to be the fourth if you have another idea

Lafon. The Chablis producer has a weird secret-society type label.

I didn’t see “neither” listed as a third option, in which case I’d choose that. Lafon’s higher end cuvées need a lot of time in my opinion.

I’d rather the Lafon.

The seller might be Lafon all the way to the bank?

For me it’s all about experiencing a wine in the first place (i.e. drinking it three times instead of one does not triple the fun) and as such going with the more scarce or expensive option is an easy choice in this case.