Never received shipment

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

Never received shipment

#1 Post by Barry L i p t o n »

A six pack of Krug 168 in 375s never arrived. I hope probably notified the merchant in for three weeks the status has been “I’m working with UPS to trace”. UPS tracking just says delivered to my home, but we were home all day. Never had porch pirates before.

When I asked to re-ship the 375s given the length of time I was told that because I waved the adult signature requirement (due to Covid) that the retailer is no longer able to hold UPS liable and therefore I would have to repay.

I have disputed with my credit card company but was wondering what the ITB people think. Does waiving adult signature change my rights?
Last edited by Barry L i p t o n on December 13th, 2020, 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D@vid Bu3ker
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: Never received shipment

#2 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

I did not think you could waive the signature. I think they are just supposed to acknowledge you, but not require you to sign.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

Paul Luckin

#3 Post by Paul Luckin »

Can a recipient legally waive the Adult Signature requirement for shipments containing alcohol?
\m/ >_< \m/

ITB once again

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by mattcitrang »

I never waived anything online or written. Both UPS and FEDEX just leave my shipments on my porch. They don’t even ring the bell. One FEDEX guy takes a picture which might help as proof if there is a problem.
Ace Citrang10

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Barry L i p t o n »

While it may not be legal to waive it, I did get an option on the UPS notification to do so. My memory is fuzzy but they are claiming they waived it and I probably did check that box.
Last edited by Barry L i p t o n on December 13th, 2020, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

AAgrawal
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by AAgrawal »

It was only a matter of time before this happened to someone. It's frustrating. Fedex routinely leaves alcohol packages on my doorstep sometimes even without ringing the doorbell, but UPS still makes sure I answer the door and asks my name. It's going to be hard/impossible to fight either company, so I think you're at the mercy of the retailer. Even with a credit card dispute, the merchant has a tracking number that says the package was delivered to you, so I imagine they will end up winning that dispute.
A s h i s h A g r a w a l

HoosJustinG
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by HoosJustinG »

Not knowing what kind of mean streets you may actually live on, my guess is that it was more likely mis-delivered by human error than stolen. I’ve had ~5/6 packages in the last 9 months delivered to our house mistakenly and never had a single one in the 5 years before that in our neighborhood. I’ve also had a few Amazon packages just flat out not show up this year ... the carriers are just overwhelmed and making mistakes.
I'm a good man ... in fact, it's my last name

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by Barry L i p t o n »

Misdelivered is most likely. Still unsure of what my legal rights are and how the credit card company will behave.

My understanding is the same as David’s, they have to verify identity even if signature is waived.

Here's there wording on adult signature:
"An adult signature with proof of age verification is required at time of delivery. Please be aware that someone over the age of 21 must be available to sign for the package. If no one is available at the time of delivery, the package will not be left. Because of this, we suggest you ship to a work address. We cannot ship wine to PO Boxes or APO addresses."

Here is the disclaimer on the website that says they aren't liable:

"The buyer assumes title of the wines once purchased. By arranging for transportation of the wine, we are providing a service to and acting on behalf of the purchaser. We make no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import any wines into any state. The buyer is solely responsible for the shipment of wine and other goods purchased and for determining the legality and the tax/duty consequences of having the wine shipped to him or her."

D@vid Bu3ker
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#9 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

Just because it happened 10 minutes ago...my Ultramarine arrived, but the FedEx guy didn’t even knock. He just left the box and drove away.

Paul Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#10 Post by Paul Miller »

We recently ordered a case of wine. Got a shipping notice from UPS that it was on its way and scheduled for this Tuesday. Consistently Tuesday. Then on Friday it said delivery would now be Monday. Yesterday we checked, and it still said Monday. Last night (Saturday) we go out for a socially distanced dinner. A few hours later we get home, and there it is - a case of wine sitting in front of the door along a busy sidewalk in the middle of Chicago. SUR-PRISE!

Paul Luckin

#11 Post by Paul Luckin »

I wonder if FedEx will be refunding the $6.50 they charged the wineries for Adult Signature?
\m/ >_< \m/

ITB once again

M. Meer

#12 Post by M. Meer »

Barry L i p t o n wrote: December 13th, 2020, 10:11 am Does waiving adult signature change my tights?
I would have shat myself also if the shipper list my Krug. [cry.gif]

Thank you for sharing your pain. It's a cautionary tale not to waive adult signature. Sorry for the loss!
All of the wines in my cellar are underrated. Everything that is not is overrated.
[snort.gif]
Mar.kus

R@f@el A.
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#13 Post by R@f@el A. »

Barry, I had a similar situation last week, where UPS claimed they had delivered a box of wine shipped directly from a winery in Napa to my house, but nothing had been delivered. I contacted the winery and they immediately processed a shipment of replacement bottles and told me not to worry, that they would be filing a claim with UPS and that it was common for UPS to claim false deliveries of wines, especially these days. In my case, UPS apparently claimed that I had signed for the package, which was false because I had neither signed for nor received anything. UPS’s false claims did not affect the winery’s handling of the issue. Unfortunately, it sounds like your merchant is not stepping up for you as its customer. If I were you, I would never do business with them again.
@guil@r

Joshua Kates
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by Joshua Kates »

On the one hand, in my view, we need to give these guys a break; very rough year and rough time of year for these guys. On the other hand, what David says seems right: you can't really and entirely waive the requirement. When I have a delivery person that does not know me, they have me open door and visually id me. Finally, yes, packages also right now have a greater tendency to be lost.
So, I think the OP's beef is with the seller, who should make it good one way or another.
Neils Bohr had a horseshoe over the door to his country house. A visiting student said to him: "you don't believe in that, do you?" Bohr replied, "of course not," and added, "but you don't have to believe in it for it to work."

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by mattcitrang »

Paul Luckin wrote: December 13th, 2020, 11:10 am I wonder if FedEx will be refunding the $6.50 they charged the wineries for Adult Signature?
The winery would then have to refund the buyer for that charge.
Ace Citrang10

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16 Post by Mark Y »

Say this isn’t wine.
U order an iPhone. Apple ships it.
It gets delivered. Then Stolen from porch.

Who’s liable? Apple? Or is The buyer is just outta luck?
Y.e.

D. HEIN

#17 Post by D. HEIN »

Internal theft is a growing issue for many businesses.

FedEx, generally, contracts with private individuals & companies, who own their delivery vehicles, to deliver packages, based on routes and shipping options such as ground, home etc. There are exceptions.

At the time that a package is loaded and scanned, for delivery, to its' local destination, it's generally NO longer under the control of FedEx, except as provided for in the contractual obligations in the FedEx/delivery contractors' agreement.

The only option with FedEx, for potential for full reimbursement, appears to be the "DECLARED VALUE" coverage, with value limitations.

Here is an analysis of FedExs' rules for lost, stolen & damaged packages:

https://shipware.com/blog/fedex-shippin ... ive-guide/

There is NO 12 bottle wine case, weighing 40 t0 50 pounds, that's simply, TOO BIG TO LOSE, in my opinion.

Double label, side and front, with additional clear tape, instruct your shipper to declare the value of the contents, sales tax and shipping expense, when the label is printed, and include your invoice in the package.

If my math is correct, $1,000=$10 dollars and $2,000=$20 dollars. The significant issue could possibly be irreplaceable contents! The retailer, I believe would be delighted, to share in the expense of the declared value option.

Is this issue a candidate for class action litigation? My guess, not enough/significant loss/financial reward, to warrant this option, buy hey, who knows!

For the record, I'm a happy FedEx client!
Donn Hein

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Barry L i p t o n »

UPS is the shipper here.

Siun o'Connell
BerserkerDay Council
BerserkerDay Council

#19 Post by Siun o'Connell »

I have not been asked to sign for any package - including alcohol - since April. At my previous apartment, the UPS driver knew me and was very reliable and always just put the box inside the front hallway. But UPS has hired extra people who have claimed deliveries that never happened - and I've had issues with Amazon and esp FedEx who I had to chase down to say "do not throw packages onto the outdoor front steps" But no signatures requested for alcohol at all these days which I would think would be a liability for the shipping company since the boxes are labeled saying a signature is required -- and they typically text the day before saying a signature will be needed.

At my new place, they can deliver to my actual door and both UPS and FedEx seem to do that. They do not knock but I can hear the trucks. Craziest was a shipment of a toy for my grandson from Walmart. The day after I ordered, a random guy in a random car pulled up in front of my door, put the toy on the walkway outside my door with no paperwork, box or bag - just the toy - and drove away. Such an easy target if I had not noticed this all happening.

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by mattcitrang »

Siun o'Connell wrote: December 13th, 2020, 1:00 pm I have not been asked to sign for any package - including alcohol - since April. At my previous apartment, the UPS driver knew me and was very reliable and always just put the box inside the front hallway. But UPS has hired extra people who have claimed deliveries that never happened - and I've had issues with Amazon and esp FedEx who I had to chase down to say "do not throw packages onto the outdoor front steps" But no signatures requested for alcohol at all these days which I would think would be a liability for the shipping company since the boxes are labeled saying a signature is required -- and they typically text the day before saying a signature will be needed.

At my new place, they can deliver to my actual door and both UPS and FedEx seem to do that. They do not knock but I can hear the trucks. Craziest was a shipment of a toy for my grandson from Walmart. The day after I ordered, a random guy in a random car pulled up in front of my door, put the toy on the walkway outside my door with no paperwork, box or bag - just the toy - and drove away. Such an easy target if I had not noticed this all happening.
I wouldn’t order from Walmart again. Not under those results.
Ace Citrang10

YLee

#21 Post by YLee »

I am also dealing with an issue with fedex. Says delievered and signed. Funny thing is the initials of the person that supposedly signed for the package is my wife but she didnt accept anything. We were both home.
-¥ 0 ñ 9

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#22 Post by Max S. »

AAgrawal wrote: December 13th, 2020, 10:29 am It was only a matter of time before this happened to someone. It's frustrating. Fedex routinely leaves alcohol packages on my doorstep sometimes even without ringing the doorbell, but UPS still makes sure I answer the door and asks my name. It's going to be hard/impossible to fight either company, so I think you're at the mercy of the retailer. Even with a credit card dispute, the merchant has a tracking number that says the package was delivered to you, so I imagine they will end up winning that dispute.
My neighborhood is a complete toss up regardless of UPS or FedEx. Love having the Ring doorbell - I see them all.
5 w 0 m l 3 y

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#23 Post by Barry L i p t o n »

And it’s not just the money out but the remaining krug 168 in 375s in the market are now $80+ (vs $63) and this shop only has the 169. Since I have another half case, unlikely to accept 169 as substitutes.

TomHill
GCC Member
GCC Member

Well...Strange Times...

#24 Post by TomHill »

D@vid Bu3ker wrote: December 13th, 2020, 10:14 am I did not think you could waive the signature. I think they are just supposed to acknowledge you, but not require you to sign.
Well, David....these are strange times...in case you haven't noticed. neener To minimize personal contact with their drivers & receipients, because of COVID, the
drivers (at least here in NM) are instructed to waive the signature contact to minimize COVID exposure. I have'nt signed for a wine delivery since last Spring.
Legal or not, I have no idea. They are also supposed to check a photo ID and library card & verify you are not drunk at delivery. They've never done that to me.
Tom

D@vid Bu3ker
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#25 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

Both FedEx and UPS are still supposed to be verbally verifying an appropriate recipient.

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#26 Post by Adam Frisch »

I dread the day this happens, but I know it will. Dealing with FedEx/UPS is a nightmare when trying to get refunds. Not only do you have to wait 45min to get to talk to someone at a callcenetr with no authority, so far, I've not gotten any refunds whatsoever. They just say "during Covid we don't process refunds" or "an investigation has been started" (and then you enevr hear from them again) or something else along those lines.

So, when the day comes and package gets "lost", but is signed for - then I'm probably gonna be expected to replace it or lose a customer. And I probably will, although it's nobody's fault except shipper. But who's gonna make the client whole if they don't?
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Owner, proprietor and winemaker at Sabelli-Frisch Wines. I make wine from low-impact vineyards, focus on rare, forgotten, under-appreciated or historic grape varietals. Mission grape is my main red focus. IG: sabellifrisch

markjchambers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by markjchambers »

My solution to this problem is to maintain a UPS box. My wine deliveries go to my local UPS store and they are received by the staff and held for me. I also ship anything
valuable (like an iPhone) to my UPS box. That way I don't have to worry about not being home and/or having a package left on my doorstep to be stolen. I have had a couple of packages go missing, but the fault was clearly with UPS. If they can't get a package their own store whose fault can it be? All my wine goes to my UPS box regardless of the shipper. If something important gets shipped to my home address, I redirect it to a UPS or FedEx store.

Chris Johnson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#28 Post by Chris Johnson »

Ring doorbell has been a game changer for us. We had the FedEx guy “attempt” a delivery twice and never get out of the truck. Tracked down the local managers email and sent him the video. He drove the package out to us after the truck returned that day. We have not had that problem again.

Michael Fess
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by Michael Fess »

Yesterday I was waiting on my Ultramarine. Received a text message from FedEx stating my wine delivered 10 minutes prior, no knock and said delivery was signed for by me. I go to my door and no box? I call FedEx and it took a few minutes for someone to answer and just as I stated to explain that no package has arrived I heard something outside my door and there is the box. Once again no doorbell to acknowledge that something has been delivered. This is unusual as they normally always ring the bell and make sure that there is an adult and ask my name.
I understand that its a busy time of year, but at least ring the bell. Since the text came almost 15 minutes prior to arrival how am I to know if its been stolen or even delivered.

Jim Clary
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by Jim Clary »

I have always kept a locker at offsite storage solely for purposes of receiving my wine and avoiding hassles like described above. Always considered it a worthwhile investment.
Jim Clary

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#31 Post by c fu »

markjchambers wrote: December 13th, 2020, 3:07 pm My solution to this problem is to maintain a UPS box. My wine deliveries go to my local UPS store and they are received by the staff and held for me. I also ship anything
valuable (like an iPhone) to my UPS box. That way I don't have to worry about not being home and/or having a package left on my doorstep to be stolen. I have had a couple of packages go missing, but the fault was clearly with UPS. If they can't get a package their own store whose fault can it be? All my wine goes to my UPS box regardless of the shipper. If something important gets shipped to my home address, I redirect it to a UPS or FedEx store.
I had a box of toilet paper re routed to the UPS access point. It said it arrived and was signed for.

UPS access point said it was not.

UPS started a claim for me - but amazon did the refund already

So not full proof.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by Barry L i p t o n »

Jim Clary wrote: December 13th, 2020, 4:16 pm I have always kept a locker at offsite storage solely for purposes of receiving my wine and avoiding hassles like described above. Always considered it a worthwhile investment.
The issue with an offsite facility (which I have and use for all deliveries in normal times) is that now, I do not want to go to my locker unnecessarily, and if if the shipment was incorrect, I wouldn’t know for months perhaps. In fact, my other Krug 168 order was for 8 bottles and I only got 6. This was Zachys and they sent out the other two a couple of days after I called to say so. (and I got the sense they didn’t know what happened, but making it right quickly was important to them).

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#33 Post by Barry L i p t o n »

markjchambers wrote: December 13th, 2020, 3:07 pm My solution to this problem is to maintain a UPS box. My wine deliveries go to my local UPS store and they are received by the staff and held for me. I also ship anything
I can see how that might be useful but the wine shop used a UPS store to ship. The notification said the sender was “UPS store” so I thought it was anything but the Krug.

What would happen if they said you picked it up from the UPS store? That doesn’t seem to “be clear it’s UPS fault”.

Siun o'Connell
BerserkerDay Council
BerserkerDay Council

#34 Post by Siun o'Connell »

Michael Fess wrote: December 13th, 2020, 4:01 pm Yesterday I was waiting on my Ultramarine. Received a text message from FedEx stating my wine delivered 10 minutes prior, no knock and said delivery was signed for by me. I go to my door and no box? I call FedEx and it took a few minutes for someone to answer and just as I stated to explain that no package has arrived I heard something outside my door and there is the box. Once again no doorbell to acknowledge that something has been delivered. This is unusual as they normally always ring the bell and make sure that there is an adult and ask my name.
I understand that its a busy time of year, but at least ring the bell. Since the text came almost 15 minutes prior to arrival how am I to know if its been stolen or even delivered.
FedEx used to do that routinely for me for the past few months - I think the drivers batch up the notifications in advance when they pull the boxes on the truck unless they have the texts set to automatically send based on geography.

Ken Strauss
GCC Member
GCC Member

#35 Post by Ken Strauss »

My Fed-Ex deliveries have been ring the doorbell visually wave and leave.
"Explaining is not supporting."

"Independence is a state of mind"

JBrochu

#36 Post by JBrochu »

I sent my buddy a case and FedEx left it on the sidewalk. Luckily I texted him when I received the delivery text and he looked outside and saw it.
J@hn

Jeff Wilkinson
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#37 Post by Jeff Wilkinson »

I had a similar frustration with FedEx about two months ago involving a case of wine. Received the text updates saying time/date of delivery and watched the FedEx truck race past my house without even slowing down. About five minutes later, I received a text update saying that the box was undeliverable because nobody was home to sign for it. My wife called the FedEx number and lit them up, letting them know that we saw the truck go by the house and that we have all been working from home for the past 6-7 months. At first the FedEx person took the side of the delivery person, but after more yelling and a threat that they would be liable for reimbursing the cost of the case of wine, FedEx sent a person to intercept the wine off the truck and someone personally delivered it to our house. All kinds of sketchy stuff going on at FedEx these days. While I don't have a choice in who the wineries use, in my book FedEx is the worst at this point.

AAgrawal
GCC Member
GCC Member

#38 Post by AAgrawal »

Jeff Wilkinson wrote: December 13th, 2020, 7:39 pm I had a similar frustration with FedEx about two months ago involving a case of wine. Received the text updates saying time/date of delivery and watched the FedEx truck race past my house without even slowing down. About five minutes later, I received a text update saying that the box was undeliverable because nobody was home to sign for it. My wife called the FedEx number and lit them up, letting them know that we saw the truck go by the house and that we have all been working from home for the past 6-7 months. At first the FedEx person took the side of the delivery person, but after more yelling and a threat that they would be liable for reimbursing the cost of the case of wine, FedEx sent a person to intercept the wine off the truck and someone personally delivered it to our house. All kinds of sketchy stuff going on at FedEx these days. While I don't have a choice in who the wineries use, in my book FedEx is the worst at this point.
I’m incredibly impressed that you got them to do something about it. I had an identical scenario and failed at them caring about it at all. Had a video doorbell that showed they never attempted delivery, etc. I wish I had your skills of persuasion...
A s h i s h A g r a w a l

Jeff Wilkinson
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#39 Post by Jeff Wilkinson »

AAgrawal wrote: December 13th, 2020, 7:46 pm
Jeff Wilkinson wrote: December 13th, 2020, 7:39 pm I had a similar frustration with FedEx about two months ago involving a case of wine. Received the text updates saying time/date of delivery and watched the FedEx truck race past my house without even slowing down. About five minutes later, I received a text update saying that the box was undeliverable because nobody was home to sign for it. My wife called the FedEx number and lit them up, letting them know that we saw the truck go by the house and that we have all been working from home for the past 6-7 months. At first the FedEx person took the side of the delivery person, but after more yelling and a threat that they would be liable for reimbursing the cost of the case of wine, FedEx sent a person to intercept the wine off the truck and someone personally delivered it to our house. All kinds of sketchy stuff going on at FedEx these days. While I don't have a choice in who the wineries use, in my book FedEx is the worst at this point.
I’m incredibly impressed that you got them to do something about it. I had an identical scenario and failed at them caring about it at all. Had a video doorbell that showed they never attempted delivery, etc. I wish I had your skills of persuasion...

All the credit goes to my wife. Nothing like an upset wife when one of her favorite wines doesn't get delivered!

Matt Mauldin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#40 Post by Matt Mauldin »

UPS and FedEx are both using temps and mistakes are bound to happen. I had a FedEx wine shipment, samples from my employer (I'm ITB), that I know were delivered to the wrong address. I got an email saying the packaged was delivered, within my five or so minutes I got the email and checked my door - no wine.

I would absolutely dispute it or suggest to the retailer that file a claim with FedEx.
ITB

markjchambers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#41 Post by markjchambers »

Barry L i p t o n wrote: December 13th, 2020, 6:09 pm
I can see how that might be useful but the wine shop used a UPS store to ship. The notification said the sender was “UPS store” so I thought it was anything but the Krug.

What would happen if they said you picked it up from the UPS store? That doesn’t seem to “be clear it’s UPS fault”.
Anytime I pick up of package, I sign for it and I get a receipt. They know me, but if there is a new clerk there, they ask for ID also. I'm sure something can go wrong and, as I said, a couple of shipments have gone missing, but "the chain of custody" is entirely with them.

In one case, the retailer said the shipment was returned to them and it was my responsibility to pay for reshipment. My UPS store discovered that the shipment had been returned because there was a problem between UPS and the retailer which had nothing to do with me. I got my wine and an apology and it was not difficult because the
people at the UPS store helped me track down the problem. Customer service.

Frank Drew
GCC Member
GCC Member

#42 Post by Frank Drew »

UPS stores are franchises, aren’t they?

I regularly bring a local one high quality bubble wrap from packages we get at work, and they love it. I never considered using them for a shipping drop but now I think I’ll give it a try.

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by Barry L i p t o n »

UPS completes their trace (started the Monday before Thanksgiving) and tells the retailer the items were damaged in shipment. Full refund.

The whole signature thing was a red herring, brought up by the retailer when I said "ship me a replacement while we are waiting for UPS". Founds some at $71.25 so the cost impact isn't too bad.

Thanks to those who provided moral support on this thread.

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#44 Post by Robert.A.Jr. »

I’m having this problem with yet another favorite retailer of mine, trying to work through it. Frustrating but I get the period of struggle we are in.
“Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my sh*t.“
(Country Squire, circa 2020)

Arv R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#45 Post by Arv R »

Barry L i p t o n wrote: December 14th, 2020, 2:29 pm UPS completes their trace (started the Monday before Thanksgiving) and tells the retailer the items were damaged in shipment. Full refund.

The whole signature thing was a red herring, brought up by the retailer when I said "ship me a replacement while we are waiting for UPS". Founds some at $71.25 so the cost impact isn't too bad.

Thanks to those who provided moral support on this thread.
I'm not sure I would use the word 'red herring' for the retailer. Maybe more like lame/wrong excuse.

I'm having a shipping glitch now too, and it makes me realize that my local supermarket/Costco/K&L (pickup) are all pretty satisfactory when I go there. Maybe they don't have every last small production, obscure producer...but its not like I can't find zero wines I'd enjoy off the shelf.
R_@_0

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#46 Post by Dave McIsaac »

Frank Drew wrote: December 14th, 2020, 1:44 pm UPS stores are franchises, aren’t they?[/quote

Yes they are franchises
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

JulianD

#47 Post by JulianD »

Had this issue with fedex last month - claimed they delivered, got signature (I don't recognize the name). In process of trying to file claim
Davies

Victor Hong

#48 Post by Victor Hong »

Jim Clary wrote: December 13th, 2020, 4:16 pm I have always kept a locker at offsite storage solely for purposes of receiving my wine and avoiding hassles like described above. Always considered it a worthwhile investment.
In line with that, living in a 24-hour doorman building is perfect for high-value deliveries.
WineHunter.

Ron Erickson

#49 Post by Ron Erickson »

c fu wrote: December 13th, 2020, 4:27 pm
I had a box of toilet paper re routed to the UPS access point. It said it arrived and was signed for.

UPS access point said it was not.

UPS started a claim for me - but amazon did the refund already

So not full proof.
That was really crappy. [training.gif]
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (1937-2008)

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member

#50 Post by Tom G l a s g o w »

Victor Hong wrote: December 14th, 2020, 8:15 pm
In line with that, living in a 24-hour doorman building is perfect for high-value deliveries.
We had a fail to deliver on furniture today. Hard to believe considering you have to reserve the elevator and the delivery company called to say they would be there in 10 minutes. It must have taken considerable effort on the delivery crew and building staff to screw it up. Delivery crew reported it had been delivered to Wayfair.

Return to “Wine Talk”