Zachy’s DC

Does anyone have an inside number to reach an actual live person there, maybe an extension#? Phoning their regular number is an exercise in phone hold hell, as, it seems, is getting them to deliver an order to DC itself, the reason for my numerous unsuccessful calls. Thanks for any help.

1 Like

Email sent. can also try michael mahle who is a WB and works out of their NY office, but interfaces with the DC guys all the time (has been helping me on a shipping thing most recently).

1 Like

Frank,

Send a PM to Ian Dorin, he is a Berserker and I believe is one of the managers of the Zachy’s DC store.

Good Luck,

Paul

Thanks, Paul, I’ll do that.

I had the same issue in 2019 when trying to store wine there. Virtually NOBODY there was returning calls or email. I finally started getting a response after asking the NY store. The storage and deliver was good. Just nerve racking.

1 Like

Same here. It took about ten minutes on the phone with the NYC branch until they could track down someone in DC that was by a phone.

1 Like

Nice folks at Zachy’s DC but I agree, a direct contact number would be helpful. As it’s close to Costco, I just stop by after shopping there.

Hi all,

Phone number for DC is - (202) 851-3131

Hope this helps!

Ian, that’s the number I’ve been using. I just sent you a PM.

I was running a search before asking and ran into this troubling thread. But here goes anyway.

Can anyone who has used both Domaine and Zachy’s for storage comment on how they compare? (Or anyone with an informed opinion on the matter)

Does anyone know the pricing at Zachy’s for storage?

Are there any other advantages/perks like in shipping from the Zachy’s NY store or anything like that?

The website is singularly silent on pricing a and perks (unlike Domaine’s).

1 Like

I don’t know, I bet it’s always available at a big discount to the “regular price.” [snort.gif]

Guillermo,

I use Zachys for storage. PM me your email and I’ll forward you their pricing and other materials.

1 Like

Miss you.

I’ve never understood how they operate. I’ve been there several times for wine tastings. And I’ve purchased online and then waited at the door while they brought me my wine. But it doesn’t seem like a retail store you can just browse.

1 Like

Seems like you understand it exactly! It’s storage plus online sales/distribution. The location is not particularly convenient.

I’m guessing that they realized they had a lot of customers in DC so that there might be a business opportunity.

I’ve bought a few things there, but their pricing isn’t particularly good most of the time.

1 Like

Victor my thoughts exactly.

When I went to a Facebook Add the only wine that popped up was a can of Maris Rose. That is going to drive some business.

2022 Year-End Sale (zachys.com)

Well, I guess my comment to them got the link fixed. No more wines in a can.

I ordered a half case from DC stock as part of the sale last night. Shipping was $15 to NY. If memory serves, this is cheaper than ordering from their NY stock. Wonder why.

1 Like

Now that they have the right link there are several deals I would buy if shipping was available to MN.

K Vintners The Cattle King Upland Vineyard Syrah 2018 (750ML) | Red | Syrah | Zachys Wine & Liquor $40 for Cattle King

Some nice deals on White Burgs and many more.

Would have b Goodfellow Family Cellars Ribbon Ridge Pinot Noir 2017 (750ML) | Red | Pinot Noir | Zachys Wine & Liquoreen nice at $20 but out of stock.