Wine Crush (Vas-y Coupe!) - Selosse documentary

I just ran across what looks like a cool documentary around the harvest and crew at A. Selosse. I haven’t had a chance to watch it but hope to tonight. Has anybody seen it yet? I don’t see a free streamer but it looks like Amazon and Apple have it.

https://www.amazon.com/Crush-Vas-y-Coupe-Anselme-Selosse/dp/B08J3NZP4K

very cool. never heard of this.

rental on amazon for $4 seems fun: Amazon.com

I had never heard of this. Thanks for the tip, I now have plans for tomorrow night.

Just watched this tonight. Very interesting documentary, there’s no narration, and unless you recognized Anselme or saw a few stray names on buckets you might never know this was filmed at Selosse. Nothing much will be learned about the wine or the winery, it’s the tale of the temporary harvest crew and the family. A really different angle and well done.

Yes was an interesting documentary, what a group of pickers he has and to maintain the same guys for so many years. How about Selosse’s personal cellar, that was interesting…were those really just bottles scattered all around the floor?

Finally got around to watching this documentary movie. It focuses more on the older characters that are repeat pickers for Domaine Jacques Selosse. Quirky interesting old guys makes for mild entertainment…real skill in cheek kisses with a cigarette in your mouth. Beer seems to be the nutrition source during break periods…unique way to carbo-load for hard work. Anselme & Guillaume give you a sense on the difficulty of the 2017 vintage. Not much told in the movie about the Domaine’s vineyard and winery practices but I did get a glimpse of a Coquard tilted plate press being filled. Also it appeared to me that Anselme runs a de-leafer through the targeted vineyard just before harvest which keeps the photosynthesis going as long as possible and then exposes the grapes for easier picking…my back was hurting after watching them pick shorty vines. I didn’t get a sense of the acreage of the Selosse vineyards versus what seemed to be a small picking crew. Some probably will not like the food scenes but I quite enjoyed the harvest lunches & dinners and the finale dinner. This is a good movie for a Domaine Selosse or Champagne nerd.

trailer =