TN--2017 Louis Michel Chablis Butteaux

The promise of this vintage in Chablis shines through in this bottling. Coiled but present aromatics of mineral, very tart apple and a bit of floral too. This is just lovely, even at this early stage. Can I use the adjective “slinky”? I can? Good. Because this is slinky for Chablis—although it has enough bracing quality about the lime and apple fruit and a bit of minerality, there’s also an almost seductive quality–without being ripe or soft in any way. I have 3 more and need to pick up further bottles at C$60 per.

Maluhia

Mike

opened the screw top 2017 Louis MIchel Chablis last night and I was impressed. pretty classic and delicious

Thank you for the early look Mike! I’m pleased to be sitting on a few 2017s of Louis Michel myself. Are you a fan of aging these or do you prefer to drink them young?

Mike thanks! I have half a dozen tucked away. I thought they’d be a nice foil to the MdT

Does the basic Chablis ever come to the KGBO do you know?

Every time I open a Louis Michel Chablis, be it 1er or GC, I wonder why I don’t buy more of his wines.

1 Like

And that is why I do.
Best, jim

I assume that this is the VV or do they produce 2 cuvees of Butteaux? I thought it excellent and especially pleasing that it is under SC in our market.

Mike, is this the regular or VV?

This allotment is with corks. Never thought to look/knew there were 2 “editions”. It’s the VV

Yao, I’ve enjoyed his wines up to 10 years out, and I’m sure they can generally go longer. This certainly feels in that category.

Robert, I haven’t seen the villages Chablis in this market in a very long time, if ever. Usually the MdT is what they have sourced in the past, with sometimes some Valmur, I think.

1 Like