Sandrone Cannubi Boschis mostly about the 1997.

My first bulk purchase, around 60 cases in all, bought from a UK merchant. Mostly 1996s, but a few 1997s, enough to taste every year or so, and see the progression. Although the wine showed beautifully, 1997 was one of those rare years where I preferred the Le Vigne.

But…this is is still a superb bottle of wine. Little or no oak showing. A wine full of spices and roses, and a core of fruit making itself known in mid palate. A little more opulent than the brilliant 1996, but less precise. Seamless and silk textured. Good finish, but shorter than either the 1996 Boschis or 1997 Le Vigne. Just falls short of the other two Sandrones (the 1989 is still the best, but 1996 is so damned close).
Still a solid 94.

Just for comparison, 1997 Le Vigne tasted three weeks ago, 96 and 1996 Boschis 97/98

Mark, that ‘96 is truly excellent. Sadly mine are all gone but still have a handful of other 90s Sandrone. There is some odd hating here on this producer but I’m a fan.

But … 60 cases??? That’s one a week for nearly 14 years. If you get tired of this wine let me know, I’ll take a case off your hands. Hah, you’ll never miss It!

Pretty well gone. Most it sold but I kept enough to enjoy over the years.

Ah, of course, that makes sense.

2001 is killer too.

Very reasonably priced given the quality!