Virtual Wine tastings done right

A friend of mine shared an interesting virtual tasting experience he recently had. The winery had several of their reds and whites put in smaller containers of around 6- 8 ounces if I recall…enough for he and his wife to have a nice tasting of each. They also included some charcuterie and included overnight shipping. There was a zoom scheduled and the wine maker discussed the wines in detail during the virtual tasting. That sounds awesome to me. I spent some time googling to see if I could find some similar events to sign up for, but my search was in vain. I am hoping some of you might be able to share any knowledge you have of such events that might be available for people to participate in.

Sounds like the recent 2019 Barrel Tasting Zoom from the folks at Walter Scott. Limited to 100 participants…$150. 9 “jars” of wine with cheese, pickles, piggy parts. Should be several recent threads and everyone who attended was blown away. We would definitely do it again.

Va Piano did this last weekend for their '18 Rosebud Cabernet. Three 8oz bottles, WA vineyard map and the option to buy '15-'17 vintage bottles. Owner/winemaker Justin Wylie gave a history of VP, Rosebud Vineyard and talked about the different barrels the wines were aged in. Very informative!

Rasa has done similar tastings with past vintages which are always very informative.

I’ve been doing quite a few of these - offering 2 oz (enough for one) or 4 oz (enough for two) bottles - 5 of each - and I allow customizing per group. I’ve also done some for my wine club members, usually with full bottles but will be doing them with smaller bottles moving forward. I do not include any kind of food but I am on each of these myself - as opposed to a sales person, etc . . .

Cheers.