TN: 2008 Rhys Pinot Noir Swan Terrace

• 2008 Rhys Pinot Noir Swan Terrace - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (12/19/2020)
    13% abv. Medium burgundy red, very aromatic. On the palate, raspberry, pomegranate, dried flowers and Christmas spices. Excellent depth and length. Beautifully evolved and integrated, still vibrant, showing power and finesse. This is superior Pinot, delicious and thought provoking, wish I had more. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Mine are all gone…

Thanks for the review, Mike.
I am going to have to try one soon.

Yeah, this was a nice memory. You had better restraint than I did. Nice note, always a sucker for pomegranate and xmas spices.

2008 Rhys Swan Terrace Pinot Noir

The cork quickly disintegrated in to chunks. The wine is sound. Aromas of fir, mild peppermint and creme de mur. The oak has fully integrated. Blackberries, strawberries and a pleasing pomegranate tartness…tinged with a mild cinnamon-like tingle. Engaging acidity and fine length. The structure is still showing tension with silty tannins. Very little in the way of tertiary development. No heat. No confusing this for Burgundy. There’s an attractive restraint. Nice showing and no hurry to open the last bottle.

RT

Tasted a '13 Swan Terrace last night and it was also superb. Rhys richly rewards aging in my experience.

Thanks for the note.
Still sitting on 06, 07 08 and newer. The 06 and 09 have years to go. haven’t opened the 07 or 08 in a while.