Pobega Notes: 2019 Kelley Fox Mirabai

UPS dropped off my winter order of Kelley Fox tonight, including my first bottles of her 2019s. This is a shipment I really look forward to trying ASAP so of course it was opened with dinner tonight. She and Dustin have seemed pretty excited about the 2019s and even with the “lowly” Mirabai I can see why. Given the news that there will be no 2020 reds from Kelley, I imagine I will end up going pretty deep on the 19s. The Mirabai is a wonderful balance of delicate aromatics, dense bright fruit, and plenty of complexity for its humble spot in her lineup.

Can’t wait to see what they put together for Berserkerday!

I always appreciate seeing people who are not constrained by the travel shock mythos. Glad the wine showed well for you.

Nice note! Yeah it’s funny it was a Pobega note (the cab guy) on the 12 Mirabai that got me started on Kelley’s wines. Have never looked back.

1 Like

all I can say for certain is that travel shock has never been a problem here. of course, thats only an n of about a 5 Pobegas.

as you shouldn’t! Love Kelley and her wines.

wine drank really well on day 2 and 3 as well.

2 Likes

Thanks to this board, I’m now familiar with this wine and picked up a few on CC. I will be loading up on Beserker Day!