TN: Laherte Rose de Meunier

Rosé de Meunier Extra Brut -

This has become my absolute favorite Rose for the past two years. Just crazy good for the modest cost. I just don’t know how they pack so much fruit into the package while still maintaining a sleek profile with plenty enough acid to hold it together. The balance here is what shines and it’s a circus feat. It’s just so Fresh Fresh Fresh, it’s not a wine you would even consider holding on to, it’s just so clean and pure. Drink and enjoy!

Laherte is quickly becoming one of my favourite champagne producers. Great wines and reasonable prices. They way overdeliver for the price. Their BdB Brut Nature is my go to

What Laherte does with Meunier and all his Champagnes, in general, is extraordinary. He is one of the QPRs in the region for me.

As a result of this thread, my curiosity was piqued and by some miracle a local store had the only two bottles left in Toronto. I went and bought them both this afternoon. Thanks for the nudge [cheers.gif]

+1 to Laherte

'14 Crayeres was one of the most interesting champagnes i’ve had this year, and can be had well under $100

Great bottle at the price. Opening one Christmas day with a homemade smoked salmon app.

Nice Grab Sean!

Report back, I’m confident your going to love them.

I love this bottling. I only have one left, time to restock soon.

We also really like the Bdb Brut Nature too

Thanks for the note. I love the bdb brut nature, will have to seek this one out too. Everything I have had from Laherte has been fantastic

Bottle in the fridge for tomorrow.

Well done, Sean. I bought a bunch when it was released but I’m down to my final bottle. I checked the LCBO inventory last week and saw there were still a few in the system. I’m hoping some will still be around in Jan when my moratorium ends. (Check my IG - I posted about it earlier this year.)

I meant Toronto proper, naturally neener - still, Dundas & Jane and Avenue & St Clair aren’t QUITE Antarctica.

I’m really looking forward to it - maybe we can share one when the next release comes out and we’re out of this thing.

Love this producer. Buying a few bottles of Rose de Meunier, Blanc de Blanc, and 2016 Les Grand Crayeres from Panzer.

Do we buy all the same wines?

I fail to see a problem with that.

I’m new with Laherte, but opened a 2015 Les Grandes Crayeres last night and a 2014 Les Beaudiers rosé de saignee tonight. Both were killer. After having the 2013 Laherte 6 weeks ago, the dosage came across as too lean whereas these two seemed to be perfectly balanced.

Is the rosé this thread is talking about the same as the Beaudiers I had, or different? If the same, I’d love to know where I can find more. Same for the Les Crayeres!

They are different wines. One is NV Rosé de Meunier Extra Brut, the other is Rosé de Saignée Extra Brut Les Beaudiers.

Both are 100% pinot meunier, but the former has grapes coming from vines owned by the estate in Chavot and the Vallée de la Marne. The latter is from the single vineyard Les Beaudiers in Chavot.

No formal notes, but we had this tonight as an apéritif and it was quite nice. I appreciated the sort of blood orange-character with just a touch of savouriness; will pay more attention with my second bottle, and it was definitely more than interesting and delicious enough to warrant the reasonable price tag.