TN: couple burgs including top qpr contenders (Chavy-Chouet, Mugnier)

2017 Domaine Chavy Chouet Meursault Clos des Corvees de Citeau

If this isn’t the best QPR in white burg it’s close.

I don’t drink a ton of white burg as you all know but I was making a shrimp scampi so w/e. Light gold in color with honeysuckle and white peach on the nose. Intensely mineral with rich balanced palate. Clean finish. Drinks at quality 1er level.

2005 JF Mugnier Clos de la Marechale

Funk, earth, and red currants on the nose. Super pure fruits on the palate which had great depth. Complex and lovely finish. Drinks far above its level. Ready to go.

a little surprised at the lack of discussion on chavy-clouet.

Since you drink something like 90% Burgundy, how much life do you think the 07 & 08 versions have in them?

07 is drinking fantastically, but no rush, 08 could use a couple years to be ready.

true of many Burg posts. I haven’t yet tried C-C, though I own a few bottles. Waiting for some age. Maybe change the post to Chavy-Chouet.

Thanks for the tip! [cheers.gif]

I haven’t had other meursault from them but the charmes is $80 from WHWC, where I believe I got these. These are GOOD. Not PYCM or ramonet good but very solid white burg.

The Chavy-Chouet wines are very good to me. My favorite that I bought from WHWC is the wine that Michael bought above. A great qpr value and delicious. The Charmes is good(I bought this one too) but the Clos des Corvees is excellent!