TN: 2015 Ladd Cellars Chardonnay (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

• 2015 Ladd Cellars Chardonnay - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (12/21/2020)
    I had planned on letting this age, but the bottle kept staring at me. Then it started taunting me. Finally I had to show it who was the boss. Umm…it was the wine. Brilliant freshness, cut, clarity and depth, with a dash of finishing spice. I need to put a bottle of this in a flight with the Massican Hyde Chardonnay. I think there is an affinity. Lovely stuff.

Posted from CellarTracker

Great wine by Eric.

Count me as a fan as well.

I just opened the same bottle last weekend! I hope to purchase more on Berserker Day.

Thanks for the great note/comments David and everyone.

As David mentioned (in a separate context), this has aspects, esp savory/saline ones, that don’t show up right away…so giving it some air (some form of a half double decant :slight_smile: is a benefit.

Other news: I only made Chardonnay this year, like many others because of the smoke. I’m thankful/thrilled that the Chardonnay isn’t tainted, and from a recent initial taste it appears to be excellent (and has brix/pH/ta stats that are typical for my chard). Woo Hoo.

Happy Holidays!

For folks here, I mentioned to Eric via email that this developed notable flinty notes on night three.

Eric - Thrilled you are making Chard in 2020.

1 Like

Opened the 2015 last night for one glass, and I heartily concur on all above notes. Can’t wait to see how it develops.