TN: 2014 Arnot-Roberts Cabernet Sauvignon Fellom Ranch

Such an interesting wine. Grapes grown on Montebello Ridge, but aged in French, not American oak. 100% Cab, unlike the Ridge blend. Like Ridge, vines are mature (35-40 years old). Like Ridge Monte Bello - delicious!

14% abv. Dark ruby, very aromatic. On the palate, ripe plum, pencil shavings, saddle leather and mint. Excellent depth, focus and length. Complex and suave. Grippy. Seems to be in the early stages of a long drinking window. Nicely done by the A-R Team! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I have the 2010, and the 2016. Maybe time to check on the 2010.

Opened the 2010 A-R Fellom Ranch this weekend. Yes - time to check in.
I think their Cabernet wines need time - 10 years seems to be a nice spot for my tastes.
Here’s my recent take for what it is worth.

2010 Arnot-Roberts Cabernet Sauvignon Fellom Ranch - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (3/7/2021)
This is interesting.
Pop and pour. Tasted some, and then enjoyed a bit later with the wine open and exposed to some air.
Purple color. youthful for a ten year old wine.
Beautiful nose. Wonderful aromatics. A mix of strawberry, cassis, some sour cherry and mulberry, with a hint of dried tangerine peel.
Fresh and vibrant intro, fanning out with red fruits and bright acidity.
Light and fresh in the mouth, and with a lovely vibrant bouquet.
Enjoyable.

Thanks for posting.

Love the A-R cabs, especially Fellom Ranch. Looking forward to the ‘18 release tomorrow morning!

This is the first year I took all three, but haven’t had them all. How would you characterize the differences between them?