TN: 2017 Domaine Michel Niellon Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos St. Jean

• 2017 Domaine Michel Niellon Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos St. Jean - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (12/24/2020)
    Such a wonderful drink. Reminds me of the 2014 version of this. The nose takes some coaxing but it is elegant. Lighter fruits. The palate is so feminine and sexy. Mouth coating. Drinking so well at this point in time. There is a little spiciness from the elevage but the perfectly ripe fruit sings through this. Wonderful integrated acid. Long finish. I love the Niellon 2017s!

Posted from CellarTracker

All of the 2017s at Niellon are wonderful to me. I really like this vintage.

Love the 2017 Michel Niellon Chevalier…outstanding.

Sounds good. I assume the white CSJ?

Yes

The Truffiere got raves reviews from WK/WA. And it is as well on CellarTracker

Sokolin had it on pre-arrival for $95 just recently and I should have grabbed some

1 Like

This is great white burgundy. You stiil have a chance here. Wonderful stuff. I think William has a great palate and I am following him closely.

1 Like

I opened the '17 truffiere tonight. Really good. Personally I’d still pass at current ws low of 130. Was 70 just a year ago.

Great question. Of all people on this board, Don needs to specify when drinking CM as he probably drinks (or at least posts about) red CM as much as anyone here - which has been very good at fueling my budding obsession with these wines.

People sometimes say that CSJ would be better off all planted to red, and it is indeed a superb vineyard for Pinot Noir; but the northern part that touches Chaumées and Vergers, where Niellon’s plot is located, seems to do just fine in white.

I thought the 2017 CSJ white turned out especially well and bought some bottles for my cellar!

You are not the only one whose interest is surging. Prices are headed one way. My concern on Ramonet here:

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3153222#p3153222

Sad to hear that Michel Niellon just passed away. RIP

Oh my. RIP.

RIP.

That is very sad news, RIP. Thanks for the fine note on this wine, Don–hopefully you will have the chance to have many more to remember him by.

All my best for the holidays

Mike