Gmail and wine email blasts

This is for anyone who has a Gmail account that they use to subscribe to wine merchants.

If you’ve noticed a lack of blast e-mails in the past couple weeks with wine offers, it looks as though Gmail has been clamping down and blocking incoming traffic from high volume e-mail domains. Envoyer, and I believe Fass Selections have both been affected, but not sure who else. If you add the e-mail address to a Gmail filter as not spam I think it should bypass this, but in the case of Envoyer I also had to have them “un-suspend” my e-mail address on their end because of too many bounced e-mail messages from me. Just FYI.

1 Like

Fass, too! Just realized I havent seen an offer from Lyle in a while. What PITA this is for all involved.

I assume if I stop ordering German wine from Fass because I no longer received the emails that Lyle would order a welfare check on me!

2 Likes

Envoyer has been coming in fine for me

1 Like

Gmail would never block a wine offering from reaching me.

1 Like

I’m not sure what it says about Google’s knowledge of my buying habits, but Gmail not only doesn’t classify my Envoyer e-mails as spam, it puts them in the “Important” folder.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! I just checked, and it looks like most of the blast emails I get are still coming through. I don’t do Envoyer or Fass though.

TW

Would they be going into my spam folder? Or never reaching me at all

Mine never reached me, they were bounced.

Please don’t post this on social media, but I am still receiving my Fass emails…Not on Envoyer…

2 Likes

My father-in-law works for Google and knows my wine enthusiasm. If it can happen to me it can happen to anyone.

*Edit: Hmmm…

1 Like

I’m not sure how much of this was a conscious decision by Google to block certain senders. Around the time this happened they had a widespread outage, and I had some routine emails to friends bounce back to me (and some of their emails to me also bounced back). It got fixed, and hasn’t happened again.

My envoyer emails also have the “important” tag, so it would be odd behavior to just block them. The first step would probably be to send it to spam instead of blocking it entirely.

Has Envoyer sent anything since the “Romanee Conti of Sake”?

That’s the last one I have, after my email was taken off suspension.

Get an e-mail address from other than the evil empire.

Thanks. I was hoping that maybe that will make them reconsider these ridiculous sales pitches [berserker.gif]

TIL there are wine email blasts that I’m not actually subscribed to…

Thanks for the heads up! They unsuspended my account too!

Gmail is pretty tough for retailers/marketers from a deliverability perspective. Not surprising to hear but a bummer that it’s causing trouble.

Somewhat related to this thread:

I receive weekly wine email blasts from multiple retailers all within seconds of each other. Not a coincidence. Does anybody know who the email marketing entity behind this service is?