TN: 2012 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs La Presle

• 2012 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs La Presle - France, Champagne (12/26/2020)
    Not as explosive out the bottle as the 12 Haute Lemble was last week…super vinous and creamy with apricot, yellow apple, honey crisp fruit…as well as very pronounced red berry, like plum and tart cherry skin. Plush mouth coating ginger almond creme mousse…slight bitters and almond liqueur…fantastic cherry/apricot blossom florals…plenty alive and cut citrus tingle of bubbles…smoky and salty minerals…fades away to an elegant swagger…a gorgeous balance to a richer style champers! Another 2012 CB drinking extremely well right now! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Btw…whoever is in charge of bottle design should be fired! Labels so dark you can’t read them…foil is loose and barley put on??? It’s almost like he doesn’t want people to know what they are drinking by sight…just by taste? Juice is SO good tho!!! champagne.gif

Maybe we’ll start calling you GrumbleBuzz? [grin.gif]. I’m just relieved your sniffer and palate are back with us.

I’ve become a big fan of this stuff. Most recent was the 2010 7 months ago or so

2010 Cedric Bouchard Roses de Jeanne Les Ursules

Heather pulled this one as well. She commented that 10 years is the minimum one needs to leave this cuvee. I loved this. You’d not know it was zero dosage. It’s so complete, once it gets 15 minutes in the glass to unlock itself. I tend to prefer BdB far above BdN, but this sort of wine could change my mind. The tangy, firm identity of it captures your tongue immediately. Lovely colour to this too, the very lightest amber, and teasy notes of strawberry and rhubarb seem to waft up the glass. Splendid champers.

Thanks Mike! Yes…crazy that there is no dos on all his wines. Must be a “grape whisperer” in their midst!