TN: 2013 Ultramarine Blanc de Blanc, Heintz Vineyard

This was absolute fire!! Plenty of time left but I could not be happier that we popped it tonight!

1 Like

My all time favorite Ultramarine.

It really is a great wine. Makes me happy I scooped up a magnum when it was last offered. Thinking I’ll hold onto that one for a bit [cheers.gif]

I have been undecided what to open for New Year’s but seeing this review and the other one on the 2016 Rose are reminders that I don’t need to only consider Champagne. My favorite domestic sparkler. I have never shared a bottle with someone who wasn’t impressed.

I 100% agree! A wine that’s pretty impossible not to like!

Had a bottle of this tonight with our non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner (lobster crumble), and it received the coveted “This f***ing rocks” rating from my wife who doesn’t curse.

3 Likes

Have one magnum left. Thinking this New Years Eve.

1 Like

Ha ha! You know it’s great wine when…

The only mailing list where she says “that’s all we can buy?”

I knew that I liked her [cheers.gif]

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Like

Have you had any Cruse Wine Co wines? I’m thinking about trying to get my hands on some Ultramarine after I had some Cruse Wine’s the other day.

They’re good but not ultramarine

Is ultramarine good enough to sway a non-blanc de blanc lover? I’m a pinot lover.

There’s a Blanc de noirs version too.

Ultramarine is cool stuff; decidedly not champagne but great

Good to know, I was doing a quick google and it seemed like everyone is just selling the blanc de blanc.

How strong is that lychee note?

This may not be for me if it’s strong.

If I recall, not dominant at all, but just a slight note I was picking up along with all the citrus. They’re honestly really, really good. The 13 in particular is killer.

1 Like

Did you purchase any 2012’s? If so, I’m curious to know your thoughts on these. There are a few bottles on Winebid that I’m considering.

The BdN has actually been my favorite in the Ultramarine lineup thus far. Amazing stuff. Haven’t had the '13 BdB though.

Others can provide better feedback than I on the 2012 as the last one I drank was in 2017. I really liked it and it solidified me being ‘all in’ on Ultramarine, but im saving my last 2 for the long haul as its my daughter’s birth-year [cheers.gif]