2019 Bouchard EP ... smh

Just got my offer for 2019 Bouchard EP. Prices went through the roof. [swoon.gif] Can’t blame tariffs as this is from the UK.

It looks like everything is at least 35% higher over 2018 and the Beze is close to double. [cry.gif]

Was excited to stock up on 2019, esp the reds, but it seems they realized they were priced under market and rectified it.

The whites are still a decent value (£275 for Chevy, up from £200. £575 for Monty, up from £440). But the Beze is at £332 and I just paid £175 for the 2016. With the dollar getting weaker and weaker, that’s going to shrink my buy considerably.

One might as well backfill on 2015 and 2016…

Or 2010…

Tariffs are applied on the wine based on the country they originate from.

I think he’s saying it’s a U.K. company offering these wines for sale in GBP to the U.K. market. There would be no tariffs in the price of those wines.

ah of course. Ok sorry.

Most of the Burgundy 2019 EP offers make me really excited to buy…Barolo, Beaujolais, and backfill when possible. Sadly. Feels like poor value to try new producers, or buy outside of continuing top-tier allocations.

Unfortunate. They were a large house that kept prices in the sensible range. Guess that leaves Drouhin and Faiveley as the relatively large/ good QPR producers.

Suppose Jadot also…

But 2019 is the vintage of the century, so why wouldn’t you expect prices to go up to reflect that? /s

are 19 EP prices out yet ?

Some producers have been out in parts of EU and Asia.