PYCM

I love you, in nearly every way possible.

:heart:

Which recent wine led to the swooning? I love it too when it’s not too reduced.

I had my first Caroline Morey wine last weekend - 2018 Chassagne Chambrees (not sure I spelled that correctly; it’s a blend). Now I love her too!

1 Like

Sounds like Glenn took down the whole bottle already

2011 PYCM Meursault Perrieres this week was excellent.

1 Like

Love the MP and BBM from PYCM.

Saving my lone 2013 Monty for you Doc! flirtysmile

1 Like

Me thinks you’re preaching to the choir here Doc champagne.gif

15 Ancegnieres recently was stunning

I’m a huge fan. A recent 2011 Chassagne en Remilly was special.

Sorry to break up the love fest, but I have found that I really don’t enjoy PYCM. I know I’m in the minority, but I’ve had his wines three times, and each one felt like I was drinking something reduced to within an inch of its life. I’ve had his regional Bourgogne Blanc and his Aligoté, each with 2 years of age, and the 2013 Chassagne-Montrachet Les Ancegnières. Felt like I was drinking the wine poured out of a shotgun barrel for all the stinky sulfury match smell that assaulted my nose. And this stuff is not cheap! More for the rest of you I suppose.

Les Ancegnieres: Community Tasting Note - 2013 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Chassagne-Montrachet Les Ancegnières - CellarTracker

Aligote: Community Tasting Note - 2018 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Bourgogne-Aligoté - CellarTracker

1 Like

I recently had a 2018 PYCM Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Morgeot and it failed to really impress me. Good structure and well made but no sparks - I was expecting much more from the universal love he receives on here! Was the wine just way too young?

TBH i have been very unhappy with his bourgogne blanc and aligoté. All of the highly reductive producer signature without any fruit or structure to stand up to it.

The Pernand and St Aubin wines are great values, though. And the higher-level bottlings, which are notably less reductive to me, are spectacular wines.

Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey

Way too young. That said, some of the “lesser” villages from PYCM’s 2018 drank well this spring/summer upon release.

The Aligoté is my favourite among his wines and is the only wine from anyone I buy every year.The whole point is that there are no fruit flavours, that’s the secret of getting really good wine from this grape. There’s plenty of structure in my experience, particularly since 2016.

I have to look; I might one bottle remaining.

She seems to fly under the radar of her husband yet just about every note sings her praises. I’ve been trying to sit down and do some research on her and the husband as I am interested in knowing what the differences in style are between the two, if any.

Is it like Dauvissat/Dauvissat-Camus where its just a different label? Does she bottle the same vineyards or different?

Last week had the 2014 Narvaux. Upon opening showing very reductive, missing depth and fruit. So I put back the cork and left it untouched for 24 hours. A completely different wine emerged. Typical broad Meursault flavours buffering its PYCM liniar spine of acidity en minerality. Even some caramel and honey in there. Extremely long en full finish too.

I know some weird types that open their White burgs the morning before drinking it on the evening of the next day. When it comes to wine I’m not a great planner but will try to make a habit of this with PYCM and other young burgs.