What are you opening for NYE 2021?

Assuming many of you are opening bubbly, but sadly I only have a single bottle of Champagne on hand and plan to wait until later in January to open.

We plan to open a 2018 Goodfellow Beloved Acre Whistling Ridge Pinot Noir and 2019 Willi Schafer Graacher Domprobst Spatlese #5 with a cheese & charcuterie board dinner.

We’re going out so I wouldn’t know yet, but this restaurant has a great cellar (especially the stuff that’s not on the wine list).

I had planned on opening a 2010 Burg, but opened it tonight by mistake. Either Dom ‘08 or Bereche NV with a few years on it.

Krug 167eMe
Dauvissat Magnum
Peter Michael Pinot
Bryant Cabernet

Happy New Year! champagne.gif

2008 Cristal
2015 Valentini Trebbiano
2015 Coquard Loison-Fleurot Echezeaux
1999 Barca Velha

We plan on opening a NV Cruse Tradition and a 2014 Donum RRV reserve Pinot. Haven’t had the tradition yet so I am excited to taste it.

2007 Huet Vouvray PĂ©tillant Brut

1 Like

N.V. Laurent-Perrier Champagne Cuvée Rosé Brut.

2006 Taittinger Comtes
2015 Myriad Dr Crane Elysian

Excited for the Taittinger after the positive press on the board. All December I’ve been popping the good stuff, both as a celebration of 2020 ending and in preparation for dry January.

1998 Taittinger Comtes
Pre-edition Krug Grande Cuvée

We’re gonna see how good the storage at a local QFC was (it was in a locked wine room). If either/both suck it’ll probably be whatever grower fizz we have handy.

1978 “Domaine de L’Hermite” (Gray) Hermitage
NV Ployez-Jacquremart Extra Quality Brut

Possibly others TBD, especially if the Hermitage is shot.

08 comtes

Cristal 2012
Haut Lieu Moulleaux 1959 Huet
Vosne Romanee 2005 Rouget

2009 Dom
2002 EMH Black Cat

Frank Bonville Les Belles Voyes 2012 will be the bubbly. Red wine still TBD.

I hope everyone has a fantastic and safe New Years!

Ed

1 Like

16, 17 and 18 Kongsgaard Chardonnay
99 Cheval Blanc
99 Mouton Rothschild

Haven’t decided on bubbles yet.

2004 Billecart-Salmon BdB Brut to start! Others still under consideration

2010 Dom PĂ©rignon Champagne

another exciting 48 hours before we go most of January dry

Tonight
2012 Chateau de Vaudieu Chateauneuf du Pape Amiral G
2005 Pierre Usseglio Chateauneuf du Pape

Tomorrow
2008 BOLLINGER LA GRANDE ANEE

I’m a complete novice with champagne. Any suggestions on how long to open prior? Anything I should get for pairing? Any thoughts or tips, even what should be obvious is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2000 Vietti Barbaresco with dinner.

If we decide to stay up (unlikely), I have a few bubbles or sauternes to choose from.