Dovecote Estate Wines - anyone try them?

I heard Craig Jaffurs, one of my favorite winemakers, after he sold his winery started consulting on a project for Dovecote. I could only find two tasting notes, both very positive, but wondered if anyone else has tried these Santa Barbara County wines.

Dovecote is the Thompson Vineyard house wine… it’s really good fruit. One of the most well cared for vineyards I’ve seen in Santa Barbara.

If you love Thompson (I really love Thompson), then you would like Dovecote.

1 Like

We visited there in 2019. Was unaware that C. Jaffurs consulted. Loved the wines. Cool climate, lower alcohol levels, good stuff.

1 Like

I know that the first few vintages were ‘made’ by a handful of other winemakers before Noah, who purchased the Thompson Vineyard along with his wife, felt comfortable enough to lead the winemaking charge.

I have not tried their wines but it certainly would be interesting to compare them to the wines others make off that property, including Jaffurs still, Samsara I believe, Tensley, Epiphany I believe now, and a few others. Not sure how Dovecote’s pricing compares either.

Cheers!

1 Like

I know Mike Callahan of Maidenstoen lent Noah a hand for awhile.

Non club pricing is $80 for Syrah and $55 for a GSM. $35 ish for Rhône whites.

That’s what led to my question, I didn’t feel like dropping close to $300++ with shipping for a few bottles only to find out they were not to my liking.