Vinous: Some winery called “Bedrock” is apparently pretty good...

Big kudos to Morgan, Chris, and the gang for being named Winery Of The Year!
Can’t possibly say anything about these guys that has not already been said, so I will just say congrats and looking forward to many more fantastic vintages.
96C7F8D7-761B-45F1-BD7B-B01D67872466.jpeg

5 Likes

I will say, those Vinous maps are absolutely beautiful

2 Likes

How worried should we be about a sudden rise in demand based on this? I like the current Bedrock pricing.

Well deserved!

1 Like

Who the hell has the time to make 38 different bottlings?

Bed … what?

Bedlam ensues.

Thanks for posting. I purchased 12 bottles of Bedrock this year…which is substantial for me. Encouraging.

1 Like

I’ve been buying for a decade at least. Believe me…you won’t regret going big.

Big fan of them. Drank the first Heritage maybe 7-8 years ago and got so enamored with them I used to schlep them back to the Sweden for Xmas to share! Well deserved! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Five or six years ago shared an amazing wine dinner with Chris and Morgan…within a minute of starting conversation you understand immediately why these guys are so impressively successful. The passion, intelligence, and drive are palpable and infectious. Congratulations seems almost mundane this year…but these young men walk the walk.

1 Like

Congratulations to Morgan, Chris, Jackie and the entire Bedrock Team!

Which bottling do people like the most?

Yes. The answer to your question is yes.

More seriously, the field blends are why I love the wine. The old vine Zinfandel is an amazing wine, and even more so at a price that has you making it your house wine and backing up your truck to buy more. The rest of their vineyard blends are delicious and layered and reward patience (even though tasty to drink right away). The Pagani Ranch and Bedrock Heritage are standouts for me, but it’s hard to sleep on the others.

1 Like

For me, Bedrock Heritage, Pagani Ranch, and Old Hill Ranch are the holy trinity. Monte Rosso is up there too but I think it’s full potential will be seen 10+ years from vintage.

Old Vine Zinfandel and Dolinsek Ranch for near-term drinking are excellent. Lorenzo’s Heritage with 8-10 years of age is fantastic.

1 Like

For me it’s Evangelho and Lorenzo’s Heritage. Monte Rosso and Old Hill are also right at the top.

Dolinsek is just sick. Way too easy to drink.

1 Like

Pagani, Old Hill, Bedrock, and Evangelho are consistently awesome. Great whites, especially the Compagni. Cabs are good. However, I think I’m the only one not on the OVZ train, just never found it desirable

Bedrock, Esola, and Dolinsek for me. And I’m willing to bet that Monte Rosso and Nervo will rise like aristocratic cream to the top in another decade. I agree that Dolinsek is dangerous and I put all my ‘18 in offsite storage to refuse temptation. Come to think of it, I have put nearly all my 18s offsite.

I just had my first ever glass of Bedrock, a Monte Rosso ‘18. It was likely infanticide but I was keen to try…

…Which was probably a mistake as I found it fairly closed with notes of chocolate and vanilla. Bit of a deception really but I blame myself rather than the wine. I’ve recorked and will revisit in a few days.

Totally agree with this. The Pagani Ranch is definitely my favorite and the OVZ is easily the best domestic QPR out there. I’ve turned a lot of people onto Bedrock and all have been immensely happy. :slight_smile: