TN: 2007 Saxum Syrah Booker Vineyard (USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles)

• 2007 Saxum Syrah Booker Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (1/6/2021)
    15.5% abv. Very dark ruby, extremely expressive aromas. On the palate, ripe plum, white pepper, raspberry preserve, anise, a touch of leather and herbs. Layer after layer of complex and exotic flavors. Extreme depth and richness, but the wine is not overbearing or heavy. Extraordinary length. I have one remaining that I will save for a special occasion. No hurry, but fabulous now. (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Drank one in late summer…killer wine. As you say no hurry.

I had one of these two years ago, in a 2007 horizontal. the JBV was sublime, but the Booker was my favorite. You hit the nail on the head - it had such depth and richness, but without being overbearing or heavy. I found it fascinating. Glad it is still performing well.

I’ve for the most part left, other than Broken Stones and JBV, my 2007’s alone. Might be time to check on this one.

On a side note and might be old news for some… Was saddened to recently hear of Constellations involvement with Booker Vineyard this past year. Not a Constellation fan.

I think it’s with My Favorite Neighbor. Please correct me if wrong.

Great tasting not. You are spot on with the richness and depth. Too bad i’ve consumed all of mine.