PATRICIA GREEN LIBRARY RELEASE

Well dang this library release is loaded!

Grabbed a few bottles: 2001 Bonshaw, 2004 Balcombe, 2008 Estate Old Vine to start. But I’m gonna have to keep digging here.

https://www.patriciagreencellars.com/Buy-Our-Wines/Library-Wines

5 Likes

Bump to add: this is not a small release. 100+ bottlings of 750s ALONE covering 20 years of PGC direct from the winery? dont pass this up people!

Wish I could jump on this, crazy release!

Really cool, but kinda overwhelming with my limited experience with Jim’s wines, anyone want to pm me with some suggestions? Thanks

I really like Marcus’ rundown of some of these vintages about halfway down the first page:

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2655078#p2655078

IMO, if you dont have a ton of experience with them, Id suggest starting with the Estate blocks. the old vines blocks were planted between 1984-90 and have been farmed by the team since 2000. Bonshaw block 2016 received a 100 point score from Galloni, one of the only Oregon wines to ever do so. Durant and Balcombe are also among my favorites, but others have much more experience outside of the estate vineyards than I do (and admittedly, within the estate vineyards as well)

there’s also a really good breakdown of the vineyards on the PGC website, as well as drinking windows for each of the bottlings.

1 Like

Thanks for all that Matt, I followed your lead and went with the 3 you mentioned as well as an 05 Etzel.

In for a mixed case, Bonshaw, Balcombe and Estate Old Vine. Been getting into Pinot over the last couple of years and am finding I really enjoy PGC with some age.

Several older Patricia Green tasting notes were provided in the Week 3 Tasting for Charity Oregon Wines thread from a few weeks ago. Also, I thoroughly enjoyed a 2006 PG Notorious and 2012 PG Balcombe Christmas weekend. PG’s Estate Etzel Block and Balcombe Block 1B tend to be perennial favorites. In fact, there’s an older thread from Kirk G. that covers an epic evening of tasting a vertical of the Estate Etzel Block. I’ve been underwhelmed by 2003’s, but perhaps bad fortune on my end.

1 Like

Thanks for posting. Definitely want to try some of these.

Appreciate the heads up–thank you! (order in) [cheers.gif]

Well well, Drank a 09 Notorious on NYE and damn if wasn’t sold out (part of a library release last year) - drinkability chart based on that wine spot on - very primary but absolutely delicious with the six hours of air it received!

Pumped and somehow (so far) limited myself to a mixed case plus a 1.5 evenly split between RR & DH spanning vintages 05-12 with an emphasis on 10…

Had to double down on the 16 Balcombe Celebratory 1.5 to go along with the 6 750’(if only I could the Patricia Commemorative in large format to go with our 750’s). I may not be done! Such a great offer especially after drinking many OR wines with some age over the holidays.

Thanks Jim and the PGC team! [thankyou.gif]

funny how quickly I forgot about that thread. especially this year with how generous Jim and the team were, its a wealth of information. I should look back through it as well.

a little out of the way shop no one in town knew about that had been hoarding old PGC was what got me into wines of Oregon (and pinot in general). definitely a soft spot for them.

Picked up some Weber, Balcombe and Etzel Block.

Broke my no buying wine until Berserker Day vow with two mixed cases of 2001 through 2007.

And thanks Jim A. and the PGC staff for the email blast to club members.

Was wondering why I didn’t get an email and just got mine. Looks like I need to buy more PGC and get higher on the list…

You guys are the best and worst influence! [thankyou.gif] Excited to try several of these great sites across a few vintages.

Well now we definitely have to offline post COVID…

1 Like

Max & Jonathon,

I’m also in Denver and would contribute and participate! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Hey once everyone has vaccines that’s just a single Frontier flight away for me. Assuming frontier still exists after all this.

2 Likes

This is such an AWESOME way to taste aged wines with a perfect provenance. The fact that the winery has not marked up the wines at all as they get older is such a gift to wine geeks like ourselves. What a great way to start 2021!

1 Like