TN: 2010 PYCM St. Aubin en Remilly.

after the Ancegnieres thread, I wanted a bottle. Couldn’t find one older than 2014 and that one is tight. So I popped this one. It’s way softer than expected, almost round in the mouth. Balanced and gentle, all well-integrated. Fruit is restrained. It’s a nice wine but doesn’t move my world. We will see what happens over the next couple hours.

The second night of the '12 Ancegnieres is as good as the first night. I haven’t had the '10 en Remilly in a while - I’ll have to check in on that soon.

Air is your friend…had this recently…

• 2010 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin 1er Cru (4/8/2020)
    2010 PYCM is where it all started for me…fell in love with this producer because of them…have had most, except the big big boys…and it looks like this is the first 10 En Remilly I’ve had as well? Still quite a bit of reduction in this at first…really needs some airing out. Also showed a little musty just like a 10 La Chateniere did a year ago, which blew off with the sulfur reduction, same as this wine is doing. Super rich and creamy…almost oily viscosity…ripe peach, apricot, apple…yet lifted with some pretty good piercing lemon/lime, grapefruit citrus acidity. Really cuts through the ripe fruit nicely. Has that classic chalky limestone minerality…lime blossom florals, flint strike smokiness. Some spicy vanilla oak barrel showing which I dig…some purists might not…well integrated after an hour now…dried honey, hazelnut, caramel apple…really nice salinity and fresh squeeze citrus on this finish. Not as amazing as an 07 I had at Zuni Cafe…just a tad of that musty funk still lingers in and out…but still a satisfying bottle of white burg, especially from the lesser address…the Master is the Master! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

These comments on different wines make me sad…and feel old as I used to drink Ancegnieres for under $50 pre-2010 and drink half bottles at RN74 for $32 while drinking pre-2010 En Remilly for $38.

A good promising wine in décember 2011 (Restaurant Gaya, Paris - Pierre Gagnaire) :
Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey St-Aubin Champlots 2010 : 15/20 – 22/12/11

A friend just told me that the Meursault Genevrières 2010 is stunning today.

I love the PYCM en Remilly. But the 2010 vintage as a whole for white burgs is not in my wheelhouse. I find them too rich and round.

Definitly not the case for the great, vital Meursault Coche-Dury 2010 I had for Christmas, Kelly … (better than the rich 2009)

I have only had great 2010’s including all levels from great producers like Dauvissat Carillon PYCM etc
All extremely well balanced

I find 2010 tricky . Recently opened a CC from Bonneau du Martray which was very advanced/ premoxed .
I love the Coche 2010’s ( the CC is one of the best they ever made ) but overall , far too many disappointments .

Is a poxed bdm cc the basis on which to judge any vintage? Surely, all would be damned on that basis!

Try Ramonet’s 2009 CM Vergers

The Coche-Dury Meursault 2009 (18/20) was great, the 2010 (18,5/20) too, with more tension …
Great souvenirs of Dauvissat Butteaux 2010 as well as Marc Colin Montrachet 2009.

I was just surprised by Kelly’s affirmation (its generallity).

Agreed. For producers like PYCM, Ramonet, etc., there are very few vintages anymore where the wines are not fabulous. I mean, very few vintages are like 2014, but still.

My bad. I should have said 2009s whites are for me a bit too round and ripe. [oops.gif]

yes, 2010 was a wonderful vintage for white and I have quite a few in the cellar. Not at the 2014 or 2017 level but wonderful wines.

Dan , maybe my English is not so good but where do I write my experience is based on one bad bottle ?
I looked at my recent tasting notes of 2010 white Burgundy , and among many outstanding bottles ( including a pristine CC from BdM )
the following were premoxed :
Francois Carillon Puligny Folatieres
Bachelet Monnot Puligny Folatieres
Dauvissat Preuses
H Boillot Clos de la Mouchere ( after 2 outstanding ones from the same case )
Fontaine Gagnard Criots Batard
Morey Blanc Meursault Genevrieres
Paul Pernot Puligny M villages