TN: 2012 Gramercy Cellars Syrah "Lagniappe" (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley)

• 2012 Gramercy Cellars Syrah “Lagniappe” - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (1/8/2020)
    Day 1: Drinking well on the pop and pour. Tar, violets, black cherries, pepper and stone. Medium plus finish and concentrated effort. 93 points
    Day 2: No hurry drinking these as this is very similar to day 1. Another winner from Gramercy.
    Recommendation: This is drinking well now or could easy cellar for five plus years. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I Love their syrahs and the Lagniappes are built to reward age. Young, I think they come across rather stingy compared to the Columbia Valley (now Walla Walla) bottlings.

I will gladly heed your recommendation with my Lagniappes! Thanks for the update

Great note! I tried this right after release and found it totally shut down. Glad to know it is starting to come out of its shell.

We popped the 2013 this last weekend. Gave it four hours of air, but it was still not very giving. If the 2013’s in WA are anything like the 2013’s from CA, I wonder if the structure will ever break down. We will see how The Deuce is doing sometime in the next couple of months. Cheers!

We had a wonderful visit at the winery back in June. The Lagniappe was my favorite syrah. Great people.

I need to buy more Gramercy wines in 2021 as Washington State Syrah is my number one area to increase in my cellar.

Love Gramercy. They still hold the top spot for bottle number in my “cellar” from one producer. Thanks for the note. Good to know that it is in a good place right now. Still debating about when to start popping some 2012 WA Syrah. Still have some work to do on with the 2011s, but the 12s seem to have more potential. Want to do some tastings with Gramercy Syrah alongside Force Majeure, Reynvaan, Sheridan, etc. Also, always fun to taste them against some other new world Syrahs from CA and OR. Historically, Gramercy always hold their own.

Sheridan,

Singularity always works! Wish I could afford to buy more of it! Not a name you see often on the boards but Sheridan makes some really nice wines under $40.00!