TN: 2014 Rhys Pinot Noir Bearwallow Vineyard

• 2014 Rhys Pinot Noir Bearwallow Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (1/9/2021)
    The long and winding road of my half bottles of this wine continues. This one is both positive and negative, with the positive tipping the scales. Getting the negative out of the way, this bottle seems thin through the mid-palate. The positives come in the form of a wine with good grip, developing aromatics and flavors, and excellent length. There’s some of that mysterious “sous bois” earthy/leafy thing starting to emerge, which makes the wine much more interesting than when it was full bore fruit. The 375s have been very useful to track the evolution of the wine, allowing me to hold off on the full bottles. At this rate, where I have one more 375 and two 500s, I doubt I will open a 750 for at least five years.

Posted from CellarTracker

Yes, I use these smaller sizes in the same way. I recently opened a '14 Horseshoe, which was showing very nicely. Loved the complexity from the stems and the velvety mouthfeel.