I'm stunned I hadn't heard of Accendo Cellars

So I recognize that by no means am I a “know it all”, but until reading Galloni’s Vinous, I was not familiar with this winery. I’m shocked, but happy to have found it. Now I have an 1100 bottle cellar, was a wine bar owner, and was fortunate enough to pass level III of the MS, but no knowledge of this place! I am a huge fan of Araujo, but had not heard of what the family was doing since the sale. Now I don’t play at this price point often, but I must try. I do respect Galloni’s palate, though I do struggle with a 100 point wines, but I must try. I signed up for the mailing list. Anyone familiar? Tried? No how long the wait is on the list? I’m intrigued. Thanks in advance for any help.

PS Anyone have any they will sell?

Accendo is better than Descendo, correct? [snort.gif]

1 Like

Araujo sold their winery and then created accendo

but not as good as Transcendo.

2 Likes

I signed up before the first release out of curiosity after reading about it somewhere (I think in an article on Vinous). I should’ve known better because, when the offer came, it was an Araujo-priced wine and I passed. Quickly.

Doug Shafer did a recent episode of his podcast “The Taste” with Jaime Araujo, where they discuss Accendo quite a bit.

Have had many of their wines and the SB is truly stunning as well. Mikael Tigrett on the private sales is lovely, I am not sure if the waiting list is long but if he can he will accommodate your request.

Len - happy to introduce you to Mikael Tigrett and send him a note introducing you. I’m sure he will be able to accommodate something. Have had the '15 and '16 and they are incredible. Nigel Kinsman and Francoise are doing great things there!

Don’t forget that the truly outstanding component of the Araujo wines was the Eisele Vineyard. Yes, Bart and Daphne took care of that vineyard - it wanted for nothing. But I, for one, feel that wine is made in the vineyard. Not sure what pedigree the Accendo label has for the vineyard/vineyards they source from. Maybe someone more in the know has the answer to this, but as for vineyards, it does not get much better than the famed Eisele Vineyard (which Latour now owns).

Rodrigo and Panagiotis - great to see you guys on here! I’ve always dabbled, but given the number of recent sign-ups citing WineBerserkers as the source, I figured I should probably check in. I’ve touched based with Len and we are going to get him set up with an allocation.

I think we can all agree 2020 has been an…interesting year. For Accendo, it meant virtually no tastings and a fraction of the premise sales we projected (we did very little off premise pre-COVID). That being said, we have allocations available that were held for the hospitality house and restaurants. I’ll reach out to those who signed and listed WineBeserkers as the source to extend an offer on our current release vintages of Cabernet and Sauvignon Blanc. With that purchase, it would also take you from “Wait List” to “Active Member” meaning your offer on the 2018 Cab would be June vs. October.

As always - appreciate the support.

Mikael T.

1 Like

Curious what the pricing is on these wines - from their SB to their cabs and proprietary blends. Anyone?

Cheers

SB: $390 per six pack
CS: $1080 per three pack

WS has their cab sauv ranging from $200-400, primarily in the 275-350 range.

Exactly. While I feel the post harvest work is important, the fruit is the primary factor and you are right, the Eisele vineyard is amongst the best plots in the entire new world.

Did the same thing

Thanks - and by the way, you should add ‘ITB’ in your signature line.

Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks, Larry - Does that mean, “In the Business”? …new to this!
…adding now.

Cheers.

I’ve heard of Accendo as my wife and I have been to the Wheeler Farm custom crush facility our last two visits to Napa, also owned by the Araujos, to do tastings with Vice Versa and TOR which are made there. Very nice place to visit right off of Zinfandel Ln. Saw all the Accendo barrels in the barrel room along with TOR, Vice Versa, and at the time Arrow & Branch. Haven’t tried Accendo yet but it’s on my list.

Not too stunned I hadn’t heard of it, as it is Cali cab, something I really do not drink.
But how to pronounce it?

ACK-sen-doh
A-CHEN-doh
Ass-sen-doh

Ah-I-No-Thing so.

$1,080 for a three pack is kinda ridiculous!