Limited offering from Myriad for Loyal Buyers category

Only 4 each offered for Dr. Crane and Elysian. No Magnums or 3Ls. After buying a magnum and 3L of Elysian last year, I was curious if they would be offered again in 2019. No luck. I guess we’ll see what 2021 brings.

Have to respect Mike and Leah for holding allocations low on the 2019 release. It would have been easy, I would think, to lower the bar and offer out more wine while sacrificing quality. But with the quality of their wines among the best of the best in Napa, good for them for maintaining their product standards even if that means less for everyone else.

Cheers!

Took 3 of the Elysian

Took 2 of the Elysian’s and 4 of the Rose

I think production in 19 was less than 18 which explains the smaller allocations. Took all I was offered and wishlisted some Elysian.

2 Elysian
2 Crane
4 McGah
6 Rosé

This

Does anyone known if the Elysian is a selection of the best barrels from all of the Crane fruit, or is it from a separate block and kept separate from the beginning?

There was a note or paragraph at the top of the offer that stated there was less wine in 2019 and even less in 2020, so no magnums or 3L this release.

Here is the note:

Due to lower yields in 2019 and very low yields in 2020, Myriad will not be making 1.5L or 3L formats in these vintages. This will allow us to share our wines with as many friends as possible.

Thank you for supporting our small lot wines.
~ Mike and Leah Smith

1 Like

Elysian is the best barrels and a different mix of oak coopers from the regular Crane.

1 x Truckers Hat

3x Elysian

My allocation of Elysian dropped from 4 yesterday to 2 this morning so the stuff is selling quick. Placed order for 3 Crane and 2 Elysian this morning which is my normal ratio for the Dr Crane and George’s offerings.

Got my full allocation of Crane and Elysian and WL’ed more Elysian. Didn’t pick up any Semillon, still have some from previous releases and while I like it as a nice change of pace my wife isn’t that big of a fan.

I’m surprised any Elysian lasted 24 hours.

In past years I believe Elysian was all gone within the first hour of release. Happy to be corrected if that is inaccurate.

BTW, I purchased the Myriad Rosé this past year and it was one of the more flavorful, full-bodied (for a rosé) and enjoyable rosé I’ve had. It was a real crowd pleaser and fun flavor profile versus the typical rosé you see out there.

Have you tried these yet? Wondering if you had any impressions on the two and on 19s in general?

Just a shout out to Leah who was able to help me with an ordering problem (my fault, not theirs). Resolved quickly, and kindly! In for a couple Elysian (my daughter’s birth year) and a Tofanelli Old Vine Semillion.

I just got 3 elysian

1 x Elysian, 2 x Dr. Crane

3 Elysian.

Nope, my work schedule has precluded me for my weekly visits to the winery. Haven’t tasted them since way back when they were finishing malo.

1 Like