TN: 2015 Ramey Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard

• 2015 Ramey Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (1/12/2021)
    A couple of years in the cellar has been very positive. I suspect another 2-3 would not hurt, but hey why not drink it. The bright lemon character is still at the fore, but there’s a richer textural component now, and that balances out the tart element of the fruit. The finish has a hint of creaminess, so there is this yin-yang of the bright up front, and the creamy in the finish. Invigorating on its own, and bold enough to work with richly flavored food, it’s in a really good spot right now, but no worries for a long time to come. DIAM-10 closure, so no potential TCA traps, and just a sure fire pleasure as always with Ramey Chardonnay.

Posted from CellarTracker

David Ramey’s session on IDTT was one of my favourites. Obviously just knows so much about wine and winemaking, but he talks about it in a way the layperson (or, Berserker I guess) can understand.

1 Like

Yes. He has been on a few other shows, and is always insightful without getting too far down the uber-geeky rabbit hole. I am not sure why his wines, red and white, don’t get more attention here.

Agreed. It’s intimidating how much he knows.