Retailer Check: Benchmark Wine Group

Hi, All. New to the site. Looks like fun. :slight_smile:

Sorry if this is repetitive of an earlier thread (although I couldn’t find it by name), but do you all have opinions about Benchmark for secondary market wines. I’m in the market for a few and they seem pretty reputable. Otherwise, what do you all recommend for secondary market wines?

Thanks.

Mike

benchmark is the best seller in the United States for secondary wines IMO.

The are probably my favorite retailer (especially for older bottles). Buy with confidence in both their product and customer service. I can’t recommend them enough.

+1

Top-tier

I sold some wine to them last year and they were pretty easy to deal with, although they were very picky on the label conditions, etc. Dinged me for some very minor scuffs. But they also discount those bottles heavily on their site, so those are some of the best deals you can find.

Never had problems buying from them. Easy to deal with.

I’ve bought from them far too many times.

They have bankrupted me.

1 Like

same problem I’ve had!

2 Likes

Thanks, all. Guess I came to the right place (or wrong, depending on how you look at it). Thought they looked good, prices not unreasonable and have been in business for a while. Glad to hear your experience supports what they are claiming.

Mike

No doubt. 100% recommend them.

This. I probably make a purchase weekly and hold/consolidate until a case is reached then ship.

I see what you did there. Lol.

Yup, exactly what I do-I mean the discounts that they have on imperfect bottles are hard to beat!

I use Benchmark all the time to buy older vintages of Sauternes and Vintage Port. They do have some great pricing most of the time. Working on building a case with them right now.

Amazeballs.

One of my only regrets about buying a house in Tennessee is that Benchmark won’t ship to me here.

Time to move…

big fan of Benchmark. have bought and shipped throughout the last two years. I will add that one or two times I have consolidated shipping only to find out for some reason that something I had bought was not actually in stock at all when I went to ship it several months later. I think this has happened twice out of about 30 orders? not sure why.