TN: 2000 Lamborghini (La Fiorita) Umbria Campoleone

Very good. Cork soaked half way, great fill; med/dark ruby color shows minimal bricking. Very powerful nose (PnP), with slightly more secondary than tertiary aromas at this point. (bright) Aromas of soil/place, some sappy cherry, red currant, loam, tobacco, etc. The palate is med+ bodied, with exceptional balance, a silky mouthfeel and notable length. A glass with 2,5oz found the next morning on the table showed no signs of oxidation, and only required a few swirls to find its freshness, and its joyous, fruity voice. Brilliant stuff that should drink at this high level for another 3-5 years depending on your cellar conditions. Natural cork. highly recommended

a detailed post can be found here 2000 Lamborghini Campoleone: beautifully mature – ItalianWine.blog

1 Like

Love that wine. Used to buy most vintages. For some reason I fell of that train. Like the name, a pretty racy wine.

been buying mags at auction recently
absolutely insanely cheap too
thanks for the confirmation, as i love this stuff

Tim,

Thanks for the note. Consumed my last one about a year ago and enjoyed it very much. An excellent drink.

Cheers,
Doug

Thank you for your note. I still have almost a case of this in the cellar having sized it up (correctly, thankfully) as a good ager after trying a bottle or two.

Compared to other wines like Solaia, this wine has remained almost ridiculously inexpensive.

Wow! Pretty eye opening that Ferruccio Lamborghini owned a winery, and what’s more that the wines are good in their own right and not just trading off the brand name

His daughter Patrizia now runs it (since the 90s). Their Trescone is a decent wine as well.

PS - I first got into their wines as I owned this:

My only experience with their wines was less positive

Beautiful car. Still own it? I used to buy that wine like crazy but never see it around anymore.

Loved the car but had to down size the collection (was up to 8 cars) and was planning on moving so let that one go (only 100 made) as well as a fairly rare Jensen (500 made). I do miss it sometimes (especially given the prices they now bring, but more for the V12 exhaust note in the crisp early morning air!) It was what prompted me to buy Campoleone when it first became available in our market. It was here for a few vintages and then disappeared from the market, no idea why.

I keep getting these annoying adds on Facebook. The Spumante is more than Cristal. How is that possible?