'QPR' in Vosne?

For all it’s top wines there are a fair amount of Vosne or Vosne adjacent (NSG) wines that aren’t completely astronomical in price. I’m curious what bottles people think are good QPR in Vosne that are more or less below $300. Not necessarily the “best” wine but those that provide a lot for the cost. I was thinking of bottles like Berthaut-Gerbet VR village, Mongeard Mugneret 1ers, Clavelier 1ers, L’Arlot ‘Suchots’, Jean Marc Millot ‘Echezeaux’…

Aurelien comes to mind

hudelot suchots, millot suchots, jerome chezeaux suchots

Domaine Coquard Loison-Fleurot

Wines are supposedly made by Sebastián Cathiard’s bestie.

4 Likes

Meo NSG Boudots. Always a ringer for Vosne.

Bouchard and Jadot Vosne Suchots

1 Like

Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne, Clavelier Liex-dits and brulees, Beamonts, but my favourite is Dujac Malconsorts, but probably now above threshold.

QPR?
You mention Berthaut-Gerbert village, but you can get (for now) both her Petit Monts & Suchots for less. Michel Gros is still very well priced given holdings and track record. Confuron-Cotetidot Suchots? Clavalier village La Combe Brulee is under $100 and high quality and worth looking for in solar vintages.

Um yes, Yes it is. [wow.gif]

This is the way.

Daniel Rion Beaux Monts is pretty solid. I paid $83 for the 2015.

2 Likes

JJ confuron vosne Beaux is often performing at high level - however maybe some of his NSG are better qpr

Confuron-Gindre … (psssssst) -
and the wines need time, even the Bourgogne…

I like the wines from Hudelot-Noellat. Mongeard Mugneret has traditionally been an excellent source of value for Echezeaux and Grands Echezeaux, but I find the wines a bit firm when young and IMHO they need time - although they do very well with time. I have not had much wine from Millot but what I have had has been excellent.

L’Arlot Suchots is a great value. Some of these others mentioned are getting very hard to find.

2 Likes

$300 is a high threshold. At that level, you get lots of phenomenal stuff. Most have been mentioned. Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne AOC, Hudelot Noellat Suchots, L’Arlot Suchots, and all the Clavelier Vosne 1ers come to mind.

The more interesting question (to me) is what you can find for ~$100 in Vosne (now that the wines listed above have all comfortably exceeded that threshold). At that level, while I think it’s only been made since relatively recently, Drouhin’s Vosne 1er Cru is very nice (as its Chambolle 1er Cru is for Chambolle). And in one that never is discussed, Remoriquet makes a servicable (certainly tasty) Malconsorts for less than $100. Cathiard it’s not, but it’s real Vosne nonetheless.

Frantin malenscorts is decent too

I’ve found Hudelot-Noellat VR to be delicious across vintages. Generally around $70-80.

Channeling Mandalorian?

This and also Regis Forey Echezeaux in the $120-150 range

1 Like