best pairings

Curious to what people have felt have been some of the best pairings they have ever had, in the sense that the food pairing helped improve the wine most significantly. Can be some wine you barely liked and become excellent with a certain food, or a wine you already liked but really improved greatly with a specific pairing. be as specific as you like.

white burgundy and potato chips.

Nice
Oysters and 1er Cru Chablis

1 Like

Foie Gras and Sauternes , lobster and Sauternes, Zin and pizza

Champers and burgers

1 Like

Champagne and fried chicken.

1 Like

Bone marrow and Auslese.

Sushi and fino sherry.

Not sure about best ever, but most recently Jasper Hill Farms Little Hosmer cheese and a 2017 Oliver Leflaive Bourgogne - Les SĂ©tilleĹ›.

Cheval Blanc and fast food

3 Likes

Great topic.

Marc Hebrart 1er Cru Brut Rosé with bbq, specifically baby back ribs smoked with pecan and cherry. It also went well with a pork shoulder, but couldn’t quite hang with brisket.

2018 Ridge Geyserville paired well with life last year…bbq, burgers, steaks ranging from filet to ribeye, pizza, it always worked.

Champagne with sushi, oysters, French fries…

1 Like

Barolo and anything with truffles

Duck breast and pinot noir

Mature Barolo and white truffles is one of the best ever for me. Also Champagne with sushi.

1 Like

Cant decide if I am thirsty or hungry reading these posts.

Also just realized I didn’t post some of my favorites.

Young sangiovese (brunello, chianti, or vdm) with salami.
Chinato with dark chocolate.

1 Like

I forgot one other: gewurztraminer with curry or certain other Indian dishes (not to say the curry must be Indian). I don’t even really like gewurz on its own unless it’s aged, but I love it with those flavors.

Boiled peanuts with German Riesling

chili and La Tâche

Great pairing

Yes but only the 61 and must be served at pocket temp into a styrofoam cup, otherwise just forget it.