TN: 2018 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs Côte de Val Vilaine

• 2018 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs Côte de Val Vilaine - France, Champagne (1/15/2021)
    The best red delicious apple you’ve ever had! Crisp, cut, energized to the nth bunny…yet such creme and sensual texture…very primal and youthful in a unique raw state for a Champagne…yet totally balanced and ready to cat walk! Super tasty and open for biz…ginger and candied pineapple…dried apple rings…yeast brioche, crushed limestone chalk…has some red apple skin sours…PLUSH pillow soft mousse caresses the citrus twang…just gorgeous harmony for such a young wine! Can’t believe how GREAT these wines are! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Consistently outstanding.

If you will indulge me, did the back label have 2018 or v18?

1 Like

Hard to say. He didn’t have his jeweler’s loupe with him! [wow.gif]

Very evocative note Buzz. Hard to take during a dry January.

V18

1 Like

Thanks. It is a beauty! I like it so much I bought 18 bottles.

Oh that’s what V18 means! [cheers.gif]

thanks for the tasting note. As these wines become more and more scarce, I’ve been hesitant to pop one open on release.

Is there a difference between V18 and 2018 ? Do both exist ? I just got about a case of them with V17 I assumed that was the 2017 “vintage” ? thx.

Yes, it is 2017. Bouchard releases too soon to qualify for labeling with the vintage. The LXX code is the workaround.

1 Like

What really makes it confusing is that he puts the year it was disgorged on the back label. For instance, the v16 which is the 2016 vintage has 2018 on the label.

Why is that confusing? It’s standard info on most grower Champagnes.