Cayuse Double Lucky!

This is my 1st year on the list so I feel triple lucky!
Just received this notice.

All the great Cayuse wine in the world can’t obscure how challenging 2020 has been. But as we are glad to welcome a more hopeful 2021, and with so much happening in the world, we’re feeling particularly grateful to each of you for your continued support during these trying times.

As a special thank-you to every customer across our Mailing Lists of the Bionic Wines family, Christophe will soon be shipping a very special sample to taste—a bottle of Double Lucky #8. This is the latest No Girls Wines creation from Elizabeth Bourcier and her team. You will also be invited to join Elizabeth and Christophe, through the magic of Zoom, for an intimate conversation about what’s been happening at Bionic Wines!

Save the date
Date: Saturday, April 3, 2021
Time: 11 a.m. Pacific time,
Moderator: Owen Bargreen, wine critic from owenbargreen.com

We know it won’t be easy to delay gratification, but how about resisting the urge to pull the cork on your Double Lucky until you’re on the Zoom call with The Frog? That way we can all taste and enjoy together.

An Exciting New Wine
We are proud to announce our newest wine–Double Lucky #8. Inspired by the spirit of the Mediterranean, it’s a dynamic blend of Grenache, Syrah, and Tempranillo, the grapes of France and Spain. Straight from the stones of the Walla Walla Valley, Double Lucky #8 is a true expression of the vintage, capturing the vibrancy of a truly unique terroir. This is a bold and lively wine, perfect for both easy drinking and serious enjoyment!
This complimentary sample of the inaugural vintage has been crafted with a secret blend of young vines at very low yields from various vineyards, with a small dose of old vines added as well. In future years, the blend and vineyard sourcing will differ to honor the incomparable character of each vintage. Double Lucky is a celebration of creativity and teamwork, and the harmony between different varieties and vineyards, both young and old.

Shipping Details

For most of the country, the sample bottle will ship on March 22, 2021. For those who call Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, South Carolina, and Texas home, the sample bottle will ship to you on Feb. 15, 2021.

Looking back on 2020, we’ll probably never associate it with good fortune. But now at least we can remember 2021 as the year we got Double Lucky!

Best wishes and santé,

Christophe Baron
Vigneron
Trevor Dorland
PDG

Is this a total surprise release, or have I just been zoning out? Either way, I’m excited to get it and try it out.

Same here.

I made the list for No Girls in '16 after waiting a few years but life happenings got me away from wine for a while and I hadn’t ordered from them. I realized later on they booted me right away at that time and I couldn’t get back. So I’m glad to see this at least!

Was a total surprise for me. Seal-clapping here.

1 Like

Am I the only one who hasn’t received this email yet?

Got it !

Same for me with No Girls, made the list when I was overwhelmed with offers and booted before I could make an order than never got back on the wait list. Interested to try this one.

They are sending me a bottle of wine for free? Seriously?

Yup… from reading it, it sounds like the vines are young for the most part, so probably not quite ready for ‘prime time’ Cayuse quality bottling.

so they are sending it out for goodwill / exposure… in a year it’ll probably be part of the NG release?

Whatever the reason, seems pretty neat!

What a pleasant surprise it was to receive this email.

Christophe, Trevor and company have a history of meaningful actions like this. However this one is over the top! It definitely made my evening and put a smile on my face and that of my wife. Makes me feel good about supporting them, they are one of the few remaining lists we vigorously support.

Really looking forward to the online zoom tasting, stay tuned for notes.

1 Like

Takes some of the sting out of the Cayuse release party being cancelled. I had hopes, but the vaccine roll out won’t be fast enough.

Been waiting patiently since 2016…was hoping this might be my year! Now I’m double envious!

I am only on Horsepower and received it

Saw this, very nice gesture and excited for the Zoom meeting!

Interesting - I’m on the Horsepower list and did not receive it! However, Mr. M is on No Girls and did - maybe one to a household? In any event, it’s a nice gesture and we’re looking forward to tasting it.

1 Like

The fine folks at Cayuse got me all sorted, amazing service over there!

Great way to make up for no Cayuse weekend this year.
Will be interesting to taste this wine and compare it to the other No Girls wines, and the entry price point for QPR.

1 Like

I made the Cayuse list this year after waiting for 9.

Still waiting after 8 years - hopefully I should be on the list in a year or two.

Fantastic and generous, as we have come to expect from Cayuse.