Bedrock Exposition Series

I have been holding on to several sets of the 2011, 2012, 2013 Bedrock Exposition series and am wondering how they are drinking now. I opened a 2013 #1 ~18 months ago and it was way too tight still. Are the 2011s peaking now, or can these all be held for a while longer? TIA.

Paging MTP…

1 Like

I have a set of the 12s and a set of the 13s. I asked this question about a year ago, and I was told I would not be disappointed if I opened them then. I refrained. Now I am thinking of opening one set this summer or fall to celebrate the end of the pandemic if, as some predict, that actually happens. I am thinking of having a dinner party at that time if it is considered safe to do so. And I am getting my first vaccine shot this weekend.
So I have the same question as the OP.

We consumed the 2012 set last year and we opened the 2013 #1 during the holidays. The 2012’s were singing with a couple hours of air. The 2013 was very tight and only loosened up after about 4 hours of air. In my opinion, the 2012’s should be fine with a little air, but hold the 2013’s for a couple more years. Cheers!

Very timely thread! just found two sets of 12’s in storage and was wondering the same thing.

What’s different about these wines? What’s the Exposition Series?

Series of wines Bedrock did trying to “mimic” (or perhaps “pay tribute” would be a better way to put it), to the LaLa’s. I believe they lost access to the grapes and thus only did it for 11-13. See their website for details:

https://www.bedrockwineco.com/bedrock-heritage/our-vintages/#vintages-holder

Also reminds me of the time I came home and my wife was enjoying one of the 2011’s with her friend as they caught up. At least I got one glass out of it.

1 Like

Great post as I am reluctant to open any of my 2011, 2012, and 2013s for fear of missing the “window” – great feedback so far.

There’s a “2020 Update” on the tasting notes by MTP if you go to the 2011 vintage on their website - others still have release notes.

1 Like

I didn’t realize that Morgan was adding new notes to the release notes.

2 Likes

they did not so much as loss access as the vine were drying due to syrah decline so a lot were ripped out

1 Like

Following along as I own a bunch of these wines and haven’t uncorked any yet.

1 Like

I had the 2011 Exposition Two last October, and found it to be in a great early window.

2011 Bedrock Wine Co. Syrah Exposition Two Weill Vineyard
PNP. Followed over the night. I wanted to fall into the glass, the nose was so good, floral and savory at the same time. Garnet in color. Meat, white pepper, cinnamon, wild raspberry. Bold fruit but not heavy, layered complexity. The 8% Viognier adds a nice freshness and lift. I expect this will have a long life, but very accessible now.

Had a 2012 Exposition 1 back in June. Took until night two to open up.

I have a set of the '12’s and will wait at least a few more years.

1 Like

Holding my ‘13’s. Consumed the 11’s at least a couple years back and enjoyed them.

If anyone has the 2013 One Weill they’d part with, I’m all ears.

I have a three-bottle set of the 2012s that I would not mind selling. I purchased them at the original release and they have been in my Oregon basement ever since. I also purchased a different set (2013, I think) and drank them about a year ago. I decided that I am not really a Syrah guy.
Phil Jones

2 Likes

Are you looking for all 3?