TN: 2010 Domaine Jacques Carillon Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet, Grand Cru

Came out of the gate firing on all cylinders. White peach and white flowers a plenty with some lavender and apricot (a hint of botrytis perhaps?). It is a dense wine, with latent power but not heavy. It shows some spiced pear and honey with air and is certainly ready to go now. Length of flavour is prodigious.

2 Likes

I really like the Carillon 2010s. Been making my way through a half case of the 2010 PM Referts recently and loved the wine. Happy to see that you’ve had a similar experience.

Drinking well my friend.

High hopes for my 11!

Thanks for the note.

Ohhhh boyyyyy!

One of those wines I’ve never had but every post praises it. Also, seems very limited

We were at Elevage wine bar in Tokyo and the owner gave us a free pour of this wine while we were waiting for him to air the wine we ordered. I think it’s still the best white Burgundy I’ve ever tasted.

I have always loved the Carillon family’s wines, and have had virtually no premoxed bottles from them.

I hand carried a b of 96 Carillon BBM from Burgundy about 2002—not premoxed but hopelessly corked! Still hurts.

The Louis, and now Jacques Carillon BBM is one of the best white Burgundies made, full stop.

will start a thread re BBM.

This.

But not this. Louis in 2000s is a 50/50 shot on premox.

Agreed. Pox bbm hurts bad

Yup. I brought an advanced 2009 BBM to Paulee this past year. [soap.gif] deadhorse

Great wine. Planning to open a 2007 this weekend. The 07 has one of my favorite all time Jeremy CT tasting notes. And I really only needed the first four words.
“Fuck this is good. Citrus blossom, toast, lemon and mineral on the nose. There’s restraint and power in the mouth. Everything is built around a high tensile spine. It has some grapefruit and a dollop of butter. It is layered and so direct. The finish is mineral central and length is superb. Wine of the year thus far.”

And for the record the 2007 is showing mighty fine. And as Jeremy once said, f*ck this is good.

Still fresh?

Very. It’s always had a combination of freshness and density, and an exoticism that’s somewhat different than many vintages. But I’m beginning to sound like Jeremy Holmes!

Don’t do that Brad, you’ll turn people away in droves!