Ramonet Blancs 2018s

Heads up.

These wines are absolutely stunning. Riper and bigger palates than 2017 but expressing the sites well. I don’t have the Grand Crus but many of the 1er crus.
These are WOW wines. Different than the 2017s. They are more forward but extremely well made. They should age on their balance. The Ruchottes and Boudriottes are special. Bravo!

another Ramonet fan fans the flames!

Thank you for the heads up on these [cheers.gif]

And the reds???

I first fell in love with Ramonet in 1999 with 1990 Ch-M Caillerets.

For some years I was absent from serious wine collecting and then when I got back in went after old Napa so I have a gap in experience with Ramonet.

My question is, premox aside, has Ramonet always been good over the past 30 years? Or was there a slump?

for me there’s been no slump, just marred by premox—96 and more recent vintages. Recent vintages are even better.

I take it no switch to DIAM yet, in light of their premox history? For those bucks, I guess drinking them in the first few years would be one strategy.

I have the 2018 Clos de la Boudriotte on deck.

1 Like

2018 Jean-Claude Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet Rouge is fine for a village! But so were the 2016, 2015 and 2012…The 2017 is drinking nicely now as well, better than a year ago. Have not touched the rest of the 2018 reds yet.

1 Like

I tasted the 18 Boudriottes (blanc) yesterday and indeed this is a special wine. It’s detectably oaked, but such fine cooperage. Between that and the open knit style, with more moderately balanced acidity and sappy key lime fruit, this was perfectly haunting to my somewhat still transitional palate.

It is not under DIAM