Opus One Overture Question

Is there any designation on an Overture bottle that tell’s you what year it was released?

There is a Bottle ID, and below that is a faint grey line of numbers. The last two digits (17) is the bottling year. It’s a blend of 3 vintages, and they are normally consecutive.
Overture.jpg

1 Like

Thanks Ian!!

One of my bottles has that same bottling designation. The other does not…

How is the wine? Is it good? Worth the price?

Visited Opus 2 or 3 years ago and I was pleasantly surprised how good the NV Overture wine was. I believe it was $75 a bottle.

So $75 for a non-vintage Napa cab?

1 Like

That was like 3 years ago I believe. Opus website says the current Overture is $125 :slight_smile:

Multi-vintage Napa Cab.

1 Like

Read the CT reviews. This is a blend of 3 vintages.

I’ve haven’t had the wine in a few years, but I recall it being very good. Is it worth $125? I’m not sure. However, I don’t think a wine being multi-vintage necessarily makes it bad or subpar.

$ 125 is over the top…

The total lot code would read as such: L300817

So it was bottled 8/30/2017

That makes sense…

Current vintages have a QR code on the back label; flash it and you’re taken to a webpage that gives you the vintage info.

2 Likes

Worth it? Always love that question. . .

In order to provide a more definitive answer, I’ll need to know AGI from your 2020 Form 1040, age, family structure, monthly discretionary income, level of liquid savings, geographic location (so that I can account for cost of living among other things), relative importance of other hobbies, typical expenditure on Cabernet-based wines, SSN (so that I can determine expected SSA benefits), and general preference for new school versus old school versus older school Napa reds. Also, I’ll need to charge $125 to perform the calculation.