Peter Michael 2018/2019

Curious what the oenophiles think of the 2018 Les Pavots and their 2019 Pinot/Chard line up. The prices are ever increasing.
Thanks.

How about their new publication, Le Vignoble? I have to say, I enjoyed reading it. I think it’s a much better use of their marketing dollars than the gucci offering kit they were sending out in years past. We oenophiles love “the story”, please keep this style coming :slight_smile:

Wine Advocate just published about this:

The number of bottles I buy has been decreasing as their price points have been increasing. I think I make good money, but even so, I just can’t justify spending over $100 for a chard and $200 for a cab sav. Takes the enjoyment out of it for me, and only critical judgment of what’s in my glass anymore.

1 Like

I greatly enjoy PM’s Pinots and, even though they are north of $100 per bottle, they are worth it for me.

1 Like

I really like the chardonnay but have been on the fence due to escalating prices. Accordingly I opened a 2015 La Carriere chard last weekend ahead of the release. Well, that bottle cost me. It was sensational, and caused me to grab 3 bottles of each of the vineyard designate chards on this release. But I still can’t justify dropping $170 on the Cuvee Ingigene. I love to try a Point Rouge someday though.

John, last summer we had a “wow” moment with the '15 Indigene. Everyone at the table looked at me as I stared into the glass, then they all took their first sniff & sips and said exactly that one word. The '15s are going to be great, and the Indigene will be very special indeed.

I am always a buyer- especially the Indigene and Point Rouge chards. We love the chards on the older side of the spectrum though, compared to many, I think. Bottles of the 2009 Mon Plaisir and 2009 Ma Belle-Fille that we opened within the last three weeks were both spectacular and showed much younger than I would have ever imagined. We buy all the Indigene and Point Rouge they offer and often take extra bottles from friends’ offerings, and then add smaller quantities of the other “lesser” (tongue in cheek) chards.

We like the cab-based blends and fill in our order with those. We pass on the pinots though. The winemakers they have employed over the years make the pinots in a style that doesn’t suit us. For a few years we skipped the sauv blanc and then recently opened an older bottle (7+ years), and realized we were simply opening them too young. So we’re back on the l’Apres Midi as well.

Plus it’s a great visit and there’s a bunch of good people there.

What was said on Robert Parker? I don’t have access anymore.

How are PM chards compared to Aubert?

1 Like

What are the prices for members? I am in the waiting list…

less prominent wood, little less alc too.

I tasted a PM L’Apres-Midi 2015(SB) a few years back and found the Al% at 15.1% very high and not well integrated…never tasted their Chard

84342796-0F95-4CC7-B886-C11C3F34EEDD.jpeg
Had this last week pop and pour. Very tight and needs some air to really flesh out.

I enjoy their Chardonnay’s very much. I have been buying them for a while now but recently cut back because of escalating price and my tastes have been headed more to Riesling and Chenin Blanc lately. But I’d never turn my nose up to a Cuvee Indigene or a Point Rouge!