2019 MSG Chalone AVA $47
80 Cases

2019 Enz Vineyard Old Vine Mourvèdre $47
80 Cases

2019 Brosseau Vineyard Orange Wine (Chenin on Skins) $42
60 Cases

2019 Old Vine Mendocino Barbera $38
80 Cases

Not a lot of wine on offer, but I have grown to love the wines and the Dirty and Rowdy style. Hardy says he will resume his on-line Zoom taste/Jazz extravaganzas mid-to-late March. Something to look forward to to brighten the long winter’s Covid night!

2 Likes

Agreed, fantastic wines and the zooms with Hardy were great last year. His customer service is first rate (first case I purchased from him he put together) and happy customer since. In for a mixed case with this release.

I also got a mixed case and am very eager to try the Barbera and the Brosseau. They don’t have much wine to sell this time so don’t snooze on the offer if you get one. D & R is top notch all around.

I must be second tier. My email says 2/12 for release date.

Greetings everyone. The sun is barely up here in CA and it has already been a great day. Thanks to all who have already participated in the pre-release! (The Winter Release officially begins Friday 2/12 and runs through 2/19.)

Though there is not a lot of wine this release (60-80 cases per wine), the scariest part is that this may be our largest release for the next 12-18 months.

One thing to note- The wines in this release are incredibly approachable already (and still have the bones to cellar). The late ripening sites in 2019 all saw extended hang time and came in a low brix. Tannins are present and yet beautifully in check. Enz and the MSG are a beautiful compare contrast of the west side and the east side of the Gabilan range in 2019.

We’ve been trying to keep the release letters brief (blame Kate) so most of the colorful and atypical wine details will be arriving to everyone’s inboxes in the days leading up to the general release.

PS:
I felt like “getting after it” this weekend and put together a brief and cosmic 2019 Winter Release welcome video

1 Like

Eagerly awaiting for the release to open up to me so I can purchase. All I can do is hope that there’ll still be some by the time I get to it

Hardy,

Have your prices gone up a bit? I don’t follow them too closely but just wondering. And if they have, you certainly deserve it.

Cheers

In for a mixed case - looking forward to exploring (and to the Zooms)!

Yes Larry, your observation is correct. You noticed a $2 price increase on two of the wines.

Same

Should have shot higher… would have paid $3/bottle more given the scarcity of these wines!

Funny…with some of my old-time must buys skyrocketing towards or past $100 (Litterai, Hirsch, Aubert, Rhys, River’s-Marie, Sea-Smoke, etc), table wines that grab my intellect and my taste-buds like Dirty and Rowdy and still sell for under $50 are rare. And Hardy’s jazz/rock tastings take away some of the sting of 2020 and 2021’s destruction of live music. Hardy, you’re my hero…I want to be like you when I grow-up.

1 Like

4DB9DAE5-54DA-4FF8-AB67-17B3344AFC37.gif

Thank you! This made my day! Hope to see you online soon!

Ive never had huis wines but obviously quite popular on this forum. What the style like? I see they are lower in alcohol, are they more food wines with a lot of acidity?

Here are some notes from a tasting we did in the fall of 2019 that included examples of most of their bottlings with a little age, though they keep expanding the range of varieties: TNs--Mike on Mini-Tour--Dirty & Rowdy Comprehensive in Atlanta - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers. This should give you some sense of their range of styles.

1 Like

The style is unique. I would have a hard time saying they are like anything else I have had. Hardy used the term “crackling” on a podcast and I think generally that is true. Crisp, bright acidity, but fruit to balance it off. Some of the wines like from Enz or his Outer Limits are one of a kind wines. He makes Mourvèdre like no one else.
I would suggest getting your hands on some and see if it is something you like.

Done. Mixed case ordered. Looking forward to the wines!

Cheers,
JP

Brilliant wines and generosity of spirit… a very special mixture.

The soul of Santana with the ethereal touch of Chopin.