TN: ‘18 Pezzato

WB 21 purchase - cannot recommend ithis new winery highly enough. The service of the owners was exemplary and the wine is superb. Lovely legs, dark robe, great CS typicity with enough pyrazine to make it provocative but not prickly and subtle but not proud oak spice. Full mouthfeel and fine tannins , balancing acidity and a long satisfying finish. No idea where this is going with cellar time but it is great now. 95 points and congrats on the first release

small spelling error, should be “Pezzato” - thanks for the note! I went in for this one, but it hasn’t shipped yet (not that I’m in any hurry)

tried but cant figure how to correct this error

tried but cant figure how to correct this error

Kinda regret not going for the 12 + mag

David, seems like we ought to get this one right so it comes up in searches. On you very first post above, click the icon I have circled in the pic below, this will bring you to a screen allowing you to edit both the title and the content.
Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 5.16.02 PM.png

1 Like

Eric, got it , thnx

YAY! Thanks for updating, these guys deserve it :slight_smile:

How long did you decant?

And like that, I am filled with regret for not ordering [head-bang.gif]

I ordered 6 bottles so I am glad you liked it.

no decant. PnP

David,

Thank you so much for the kind note. We’re so thrilled that you enjoyed the wine! Your tasting note is very inline with how we experience the wine too.

With regards to aging, we see the wine as being able to cellar well for at least 10-15 years. With that being said, the tannins are so approachable now that there’s no issue with drinking early. We often PnP ourselves so glad that you found the wine drinking well with that tactic.

Cheers,

Michael and Andrea

Eric, thank you for helping with the spelling. Your Pezzato wine is shipping out soon and we’re excited to share with you.

cheers,

Michael

Oh fantastic note! Can hardly wait to give it a try!!!

Cant wait! Glad you guys held the shipment, I have 24 bottles of other BD21 buys stuck somewhere in UPS and Fedex with the catastrophic winter here in TX.

Mikko, we’re definitely glad that we’ve held off on shipping outside of the western US. Sorry to hear that you have wine stranded in sub-optimal conditions. We’ll get you your Pezzato once weather conditions improve.

As an aside, it turns out shipping wine is the most nerve racking part of the entire process for me. It’s incredibly stressful yielding control to a third party who has little regard for the temperature sensitive content within our boxes. It makes bottling feel like a walk in the park.

This bottle was gratis from Michael S. and served blind to a group.

• 2018 Pezzato Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (2/24/2021)
    Decanted for 9 hours. Looks very dark and concentrated in the glass and there is a Chambord note. Also some spice aromas which I can’t put my finger on. Very good fruit with a spicy clove and charred oak that last for a really long time, one of the longest finishes every for any wine. It just hangs on and on. There’s a hint of salinity that might be olive at the end. The perception of acid very forward with a firm knitting of fine tannins. Excellent structure and will age a long time. I’d recommend holding this, heck it’s a 2018, for at least another 3 years to give it time to integrate the oak. Side note: I left an ounce in the bottle and it sat on the counter for a week and was still drinking nicely.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Brig,

Thanks for the note! We opened a bottle of the 2018 Pezzato tonight (just PnP, no decant) and the finish is definitely long, perhaps on the longer side of what I have ever experienced since it went to bottle. We’re just about 11 months in bottle and the wine seems to continue to be evolving for the better.

For the aromas that you alluded to but couldn’t put your finger on, at this point in time I get a mix of graphite/pencil shavings, dried tobacco leaf and a mineral bulls blood/iron character bordering on stone/crushed rock. The wine is showing a lot of fruit right now, more so than the last 3 or so months, and so I think that it is suppressing those spice characteristics a bit and displaying more fruit on the nose.

Cheers,

Michael