Retailer Check: Double P Imports

Anyone bought from them before?

Bumping an old thread-anyone have experience with these folks?

Double P Imports is run by the daughter-in-law of Michel Thibault who runs Michel Thibault Wine out of Texas. I buy Bordeaux Futures from Michel all the time, but he’s retiring and transferring over Futures to Double P Imports. I would have order 2020 Futures from Double P, but she didn’t have the wines I wanted (was all sold out). However, the communication and customer service from her is top-notch. I would not hesitate to place order from her if she has what I’m looking for.

Sorry David if I bought your wines :slight_smile:

Buy without hesitation. I spend what feels like my child’s tuition with Michel, who no longer as of 2020 vintage sells EP and instead is focusing on previous and current vintages (EP in volume is significant work from release to delivery- I don’t know how he does it). If you need Bordeaux with an excellent record, exceptional knowledge and what feels like around the clock service, Michel Thibault is that person/company.

Double P (related to Michel so it’s in the family and not random company) as David mentioned is handling Michel’s EP going forward. Michel is still engaged and leverages his relationships/knowledge/service/experience etc to that team. I have nothing but great things to say working with them on futures as well as other vintages. Feel free to PM me with any questions and I will do my best to answer what I know. It has been a pleasure working with them to date.

Thanks for the additional info!

I assume the check was for the 2020 Boillot wines? I bought some and will see how it goes.

Yes, but don’t go telling people!

Did it work out?

Excellent experiences with Double P, myself. It’s Michel’s step daughter now running the show. Spent a week with Michel and Marla in Champagne/Burgundy and they’re first class people. I can speak to both how they interacted with us as well as the respect they obviously have among those ITB on that side of the pond.

Yes, have had great experiences with them

I purchased a couple of vintages of H. Boillot in small quantities from them and they communicated well and delivered as expected. I’d buy from them again.

I also had a good experience with them. Saw a reference from Roy for a 2020 Bordeaux, found it at Double P, ordered and had it in hand a week later. Perfectly smooth transaction.

Excellent experience no issues. The ‘warehouse” is near my work location so made pick up a breeze.