BuzzFeed Take on Impact of Wine Price

The following is not recommended. Think of it like I’ve just smelled a really bretty wine, and I’m offering you a smell. “Take a whiff of this, it smells like shit!” I’m not offering to be helpful, I just want to share the pain.

Actually it was so awful, I am forced to paraphrase Billy Madison.

What you’ve just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent article were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone who opened this website it is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

1 Like

Wow…ya I cant add much more beyond your Madison quote, I went in with extremely low expectations and it still managed to disappoint.

1 Like

Five minutes of my life I won’t get back. Totally moronic. It was like asking a butcher to rate brain surgeries.

What the hell did I just read…?!?

What’s wrong with this article? I like hearing from people on wine who aren’t experts.

We’re definitely not doing brain surgery on this board. At least I’m not. And if someone is I hope they’re not drinking while doing it.

You are trying to trick us into re-reading it to explain why this unscientific article proving that wine price doesn’t matter is fallacious.

You’re the person who passes the glass and says, “I think the Brett has mostly blown off!”

neener

I thought that was a supremely enjoyable read! It had something for everyone.

Joking aside, I think it may have made more sense to not just randomly select things a Total Wine. We all know that you can buy garbage and great wine for $30.

Wines for sell at Lidl, Aldi etc are engineered for that kind of palate. A serious long term wine made for cellaring is seldom going to be a hit with casual wine drinkers.

You talked me out of reading it. I feel smarter already. [thankyou.gif]

Would have been more interesting had the “nice” wines not been total crap. I’m not even sure the Total Wine direct imports here really were all that much better than the cheapies.

In regards to insanely idiotic blogs, let me quote the great writer/philosopher Umberto Eco: “The Internet gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community. Then they were quickly silenced, but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It’s the invasion of the idiots.”

I feel bad. I kept reading until the end of the article just to see if the author posted more Wine & Cleavage pics. Two of my favorite things!
I’m horrible & I feel guilty, but I did read it til the very end even if it was for the wrong reasons.

First take: why is the peloton girl holding a Wine Access bottling?
Second take: why did I read this when warned?

There was an article in a similar vein not so long ago which became a staple on the net for some months, and occasionally I still run up against it. Basically it fits the narrative that those who buy and love wine are posturing elitist jackasses and real people know better.

In these days of credulous and crackpot theories, why are we surprised by the stupidities of someone this pig ignorant?

1 Like

I have bad taste and you should too!

The methodology used in the article is a little like saying," I blind tasted a frozen pizza and a pizza from a local pizzeria and thought the frozen pizza tasted better, therefore all frozen pizza is better than pizzeria pizza."

1 Like

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

And this is why you are an editorial puff piece writer, and not a wine critic. I wish that people would stick to stuff that they understand.

Guys this is nothing. This one is the real deal:

[popcorn.gif]

“This is also hard because I always do it with orange juice.”

“The most expensive stuff is not the best stuff, that is for sure.”

Science.