Is SQN hot again on WB?

Been noticing a lot more bidding, and less bottles offered on WB of late. A year or so ago there would be 3-4 pages of items listed and languishing. The bids now seem to be a lot higher, with more multiple players. And what the hell is going on here…

Asia?

More people at home with money to spend would be my guess since non-essential travel is basically done for now.

I’m not sure whether it’s hot again on WB. Haven’t seen many on them on the latest purchase thread or TNs.

My guess is that with people having more disposable income due to not travelling and dining out, more people took their allocations instead of passing them on, leading to fewer bottles offered. Pair that same income phenomenon on the other side of people with no allocations looking for bottles and you have drivers on both sides of the equation

Have been noticing same as OP. Going to have to think twice before popping $500 bottles.

Stockholm was always in demand. Before this week, it was still >$600 a bottle. Look at any EBA wine from 2011 on and you won’t see anywhere near that price, even for those that got big scores. Of course none got 100 pts from RP himself after Stockholm.

Since 2010, the only things that have doubled off their release price were one offs like Pearl and Writing on the Wall.

What the…

I’ve been noticing this as well for Saxum and a few other “cult” CA wines…prices seem to have jumped 25% or more since the summer. Vacation $ being converted to vino.

Yes, it’s so hot that I’m going to sell all of my wine and then buy 6 bottles of SQN with my proceeds…

Or I could just get some Nyquil from the store… [bow.gif]

Everything is hot on WB. Good for sellers, good for WB, not so good for bargain hunters. [snort.gif]

Russ Mann and his team have really done an amazing job at winebid since he was appointed CEO a few years ago! I can’t remember the “action” ever having been hotter :fire:

1 Like

Let me know when Stockholm hits $1,100 again!

The new /r/wallstreetbets.

To the moon! :rocket::rocket::rocket:

1 Like

Mel, it’s currently at $1245, see the original post

Not me. Must be Jay. I haven't complained about this recently, so . . . - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Also note that there are multiple commercial buyers!
Yes demand it up!

BofA Hints That Weimar 2.0 Could Be Coming
Monday, Feb 15, 2021

Came here to see if this post would say what I thought it would. It did.

Gotta spend those Covid stimulus checks on something

It’s the alcohol. When you are stuck at home, you want the stupor to be quick.

:grinning: