TN: 2004 Copain Pinot Noir Cerise Vineyard (USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley)

• 2004 Copain Pinot Noir Cerise Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (3/28/2021)
    I remember a Cali pinot maker who once said, “If you couldn’t make a good pinot in 2004, you needed to get a new job.” Bought from the initial mailing list offer - one of the first wines I bought after diving into buying on mailing lists oh so long ago. Decanted for an hour and then followed for 3 more. Color is a bit on the light side for Cali pinot. No negative characteristic of being on the downhill - no bricking and no hints of oxidation. The fruit has faded quite a bit, although I do not remember with certainty what this was like on release. The wine maintains acidity and sharpness, but not tannic bite. Some red fruit and some citrus, but mainly minerality and acidity. Easy to drink and a fine wine for an average meal. Nothing outstanding, but no negative characteristics and not on the downslope despite the age. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker