FedEx Craziness

I have a wine delivery in WestVlly City, UT this morning. Scheduled delivery?? Yesterday To LosAlamos by 9:00pm!!
Tom

I’ve been seeing the same weirdness. Scheduled for delivery to DC, then next day sitting in Laurel MD, then 2 days later sitting in Oregon. I called the FedEx store in DC and it was delivered 3 days ago

1 Like

Had an overnight package that’s supposed to arrive in NY today. It’s sitting in Indianapolis right now…

Yeah, Brian. Their WebSite does some pretty weird stuff.
And then when you try to interact with their AI Chat, it gets even weirder. Several times I tried to find out why my Cedarville shipment
was sitting in their Secacus depot for over 3 months, w/ the “InTransit” message showing on their WebSite. They gave me this song&dance that their shipments don’t always
take an obvious route to get to me. Finally I replied, “I know wastebaskets with more innate intelligence than your artificial intelligence”.
It responded that it didn’t understand the question!!
And try to get a real/live human bean?? Forget it.
Fortunately, my FedEx & my UPS drivers are absolutely first rate guys. Once it goes “Out for Delivery”, they’re right on top of it.
They get nice tips come Christmas time.
Tom

Tom, How did you finagle a wine delivery to UT?

Didn’t, Mike. It’s just sitting at the FedEx Depot there in Utah, in route to LosAlamos.
There are probably a lot of folks there in UT that would be shocked to find out that happens. Surprised the UT
legislature hasn’t banned the practice. We all know how evil wine is.
Tom

Maybe that’s why is still there – to save your poor soul.

Sorry, Markus… my soul is way far beyond saving!!
Tom

April Fool’s!

I’ve had boxes got to Walgreens (FedEx hold location) that were still showing as ‘out for delivery’ two days after I picked the box up, but I suppose that could just be an issue with it not being scanned out correctly. Anyway, FedEx was doing so well by me for most of the pandemic, but for Spring '21 shipping season, they’ve been a total mess. Nothing arrives on time and the scans often don’t appear to much correlation to reality.

:smiling_imp:

I ordered something from a winery for 2 day last Wednesday to Dallas. Expectation was Friday or Saturday. Somehow went to Indy and have been sitting in Indianapolis for a few days and supposed delivery in Dallas today. I do everything I can to avoid FedEx but thats not really an option.

Same issue here. My package has been sitting in Indy for the last three days despite having been sent overnight. [soap.gif]

Maybe you should simply send it to California. Seems like you are there half the year anyway!

Thank God I was off work today, and saw the FedEx guy coming up the driveway with my latest delivery. I got my hands under the box just as the bottom opened up. Not FedEx’s fault - just a crappy tape job by the shipper, but we almost had a disaster in the driveway.

I’ve seen a bit of the weird routing info as well

Today. a DC shipment to an office with reception on 3rd day of no delivery. Status at “future delivery requested” for 3 days. No change was requested by the recipient. Called yesterday to get it fixed, but today, rinse and repeat. Thankfully, it’s the exception, but when it happens, extremely frustrating.

It definitely feels like they are overwhelmed this year.

Maryland used to ban the practice of wine passing through unless the shipper had the necessary license to ship alcohol. The UPS depot in Hagerstown, MD regularly stopped boxes headed for Martinsburg, WV.

FedEx and UPS have been overwhelmed beyond any previous measure the past 14 months. COVID has really put those guys to work…and then some. As a consumer, I’ve never had as many wine delivery issues as last year and this year. Wineries have to be eating the cost a ton of product more than ever to replace lost or damaged wine. Hoping that changes soon for everyone involved from the wineries, consumers and drivers.

It’s not just wine/consumer products being delayed. Industrial deliveries are also messed up. The system is completely clogged right now.