TN: 2019 Desire Lines Winds of Change (USA, California)

• 2019 Desire Lines Winds of Change - USA, California (4/1/2021)
    Much too early look-in, and I sadly did not decant. That said, this has suave texture, excellent mid-palate depth, and a finish that’s loaded with umami. Sealed under a DIAM-30, it’s priced for value, but built for longer term enjoyment. I will likely blow through a couple more bottles very soon, then bury my last three for 7-10 years. There’s more than enough material for a serious sleep.

Posted from CellarTracker

3 Likes

I have opened and drank several bottles of this over the last two years. Tonight’s was still just as much of an umami bomb as the first bottle I opened when it was released. Such a fantastic value. Should have bought two cases.

1 Like

This blend just gets better and better. A screaming bargain.

2 Likes

We can agree on that! Hope you are well.

I’ve tried two recent vintages with varying lengths of decanting, and didn’t like either. Maybe I just need to wait.

Interesting. I adore the 2020. Haven’t opened a 2021 yet. What didn’t you like?

1 Like

The 2021 is more floral than past vintages! I couldn’t keep my nose out of the glass. The lavender and violets!!

2020 was a bit too candied/sweet for my palate. Sounds like 2021 might be more up my alley.

Wow. I don’t get that at all.

I don’t get that either. I know the 2021 is made entirely from Santa Barbara County which explains the florality of the wine.

1 Like

Finishing off the bottle tonight, and it has kicked the savory to another level. This is astounding stuff. Wish I had three cases.

Just gonna say that I love this wine the way I love some of the ESJ Rocks & Gravel bottlings.